8.16.2013

THE EASIEST, YUMMIEST, FOUR INGREDIENT MEAL EVER

I don't even like chicken. But this one smelled A-MAZING. What are the stores doing to these things!?

...And here it is.
 So good, so easy, so simple that I actually forgot to take any pictures of the "prep work" let alone a good picture of the end result. Sorry! (I was too busy shoveling it in my mouth.) Good thing it's soo easy that you really don't need any pictures to make this right. 

This is one of those go to dinners that I make when I'm really tired. Well actually, when I'm really tired, I order a pizza. But! This is definitely a meal that is on a level I can handle when I've had a loooong day, and the hubs is STILL not home from work, and the kids are laying on the floor flailing their arms around like fish out of water because they're starving and can't live any longer without food. 

It doesn't have to be just these four ingredients, you can add lots of other veggies to it, but it's pretty awesome with only these four ingredients and we love to sprinkle fresh Parmesan cheese on top! The best part about it? My kids actually eat it. 

I took a picture of my plate, that was half way eaten. oops. 

Pesto Chicken and Zucchini Tortellini 

1 Container of Buitoni Mixed Cheese Tortellini 20 oz
1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded 
2 Zucchinis (small to medium size) Sliced, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil 
 4  to 5 Tbls of Pesto Sauce (more or less depending on your taste)

Slice or shred the rotisserie chicken (or a few chicken breasts would work well too). Meanwhile, cook Tortellini according to directions on box. While the tortellini is boiling, slice and saute zucchini till soft and browned a little. Drain the tortellini, and pour back into the pot you boiled it in. Add the chicken and zucchini and stir in the pesto to your desired taste. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve immediately! 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. REALLY impressed! I am missing A LOT of these posts...not sure why or how.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails