8.30.2013

EMMA'S PLAYHOUSE


Ever since we moved into our house, I've wanted to turn Emma's closet into a playhouse. Luckily our house has a lot of  addtitional storage space so I could do this without sacrificing too much! 

 
It looked like this for way too long. I just couldn't decide what to do. I knew Zach didn't want me to completely ruin this closet (as in rip out all the shelves and build stuff in there) so I knew whatever I did, needed to be minimal and be able to transfer back into a regular closet when needed. I'm still using it to hang up some of Emma's dresses. I did this little makeover so fast (it took me three days, all during nap time)  and Emma loves it! 




Yes, I'm totally the mom who makes my daughter pretend to read a parenting magazine! Ha ha! It happened to be lying in her room and it was just too funny. A little mommy in her little house.


Sorry, this is a picture overload I know. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put this little ikea dresser in there, but she has a lot of baby doll stuff and plastic food I figured she could use the storage. 






Aside from the main kitchen set, everything else was stuff I had lying around our house, or stuff I thrifted (of course). For the wallpaper I just used good old wrapping paper. So much cheaper! A little trickier to apply, but the spray adhesive I used made it super easy! So that's what I've been up to lately! Let me know if you have any questions. My next project is getting Emma's room finished so maybe I'll take some pictures of that and show you guys when it's finally finished.

3 comments:

  1. Wish my kitchen looked that good! She is one very happy little Mommy, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing I've ever seeeen!!! So so so cute... You are so creative. I love that you have a blog with your sisters! Wish mine were that cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's darling! And I can't believe you used wrapping paper for wallpaper, so creative! ~Devin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails