8.12.2013

CONVOS WITH MY THREE YEAR OLD


Have you seen the hilarious You Tube videos titled "Convos with my two year old"?

If you haven't, you can watch the first one here. These videos are made by a father re-enacting conversations he has with his two year old daughter with another full grown man. They are pretty funny, but I can't help but wonder if either a) my daughter who is three and just NOW starting to carry on a conversation (sort of) is just slow because well, she didn't talk like that when she was two! or b) The guy's two year old is just really advanced. Either way, watching the videos made me reflect on some recent convos with my three year old. 

Convo #1

Emma:  I want another Popsicle! 
Me:  um, no you just had one sorry. If you're hungry you can eat something else. 
Emma:  HEY I'M TALKING TO YOU! 
Me:   No, I'm talking to you. You CAN NOT have another Popsicle. 
Emma:  Well, Jesus made me happy, and you just BROKE MY HEART.
 (Seriously. She always throws that line at me. )
Me: I did? I'm sorry for that.

Convo #2

Going potty in a public restroom

Emma:  Are you going poo poo? 
Me:  No. Just going potty.
Emma:  Oh. Why?
Me:  Because I don't have to go poo poo. Shhh.
 Emma:  You don't know how to push?!?!!


Did I mention that having a three year old daughter is the complete OPPOSITE from a three year old son?? 

3 comments:

  1. Are those my Smarties in that candy jar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you don't know how to push"? I wonder where she got that one from

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love "Convos with my two-year-old..." this makes me want to write down several of the conversations I have with my preschoolers on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails