2.01.2012

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE

The other morning, I got out of the shower, got dressed, walked into the kitchen and Luke immediately approached me with a tall glass of juice.  "I made juice for you, Mommy!"  I paused.  My feet were sticking to the floor.  He continued, "I used the microwave.  It was kind of hot."  Oh dear.  I looked up.  7:15 a.m. and there was juice EVERYWHERE.  He had microwaved a cylinder of frozen concentrated berry juice. I've never taught Luke how to use the microwave.  So, use your imagination.  He's a smart 5 year old, but not that smart.  Who knows how long he microwaved it for.  It was disastrous.  (I knew I should have never bought that microwave!) My glass contained just the warm concentrated syrup.  No water added.  Yum.

As we were cleaning up that insane mess together, it all came back to me.  This had happened before.  

January 30, 2012
Luke, Age 5



4 comments:

  1. I read this and thought, "there goes the microwave they finally got around to buying." My kids (9 1/2 and 7 3/4) just started being allowed to use the microwave because we finally live somewhere that it isn't located above the stovetop. At least he's trying to do nice stuff for you. Failing, but trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing you document everything to make your blog so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a Luke/juice story before! I remembered it! This is hilarious though!! I so loved getting to spend more time around Luke last month, he is so great!! (sorry for the mess though, that is nooo fun). And you should teach him to use the microwave, leyna does all the time! She cooks her own baby carrots it in almost every day for a snack

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's also wearing the same clothes too! I hope this doesn't happen at my house... But atleast he's good about cleaning up his messes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails