The other morning, I got out of the shower, got dressed, walked into the kitchen and Luke immediately approached me with a tall glass of juice. "I made juice for you, Mommy!" I paused. My feet were sticking to the floor. He continued, "I used the microwave. It was kind of hot." Oh dear. I looked up. 7:15 a.m. and there was juice EVERYWHERE. He had microwaved a cylinder of frozen concentrated berry juice. I've never taught Luke how to use the microwave. So, use your imagination. He's a smart 5 year old, but not that smart. Who knows how long he microwaved it for. It was disastrous. (I knew I should have never bought that microwave!) My glass contained just the warm concentrated syrup. No water added. Yum.
As we were cleaning up that insane mess together, it all came back to me. This had happened before.
January 30, 2012
Luke, Age 5