12.14.2011

AMELIA'S FIRST KISS



(Sung to the tune of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus)

I saw Amelia sucking on the garbage can
While I was cooking dinner last night... and the night before that and the night before that....


You get the point.

It's disgusting.  She is french kissing sucking on everything.  Last weekend, we were at Home Depot and she was licking the side of the car shopping cart.  The cashier said, "Oh my gosh, you know your baby is sucking on the side of the shopping cart!"  Erik and I just sighed, "Yeah, we know."  The cashier went on, "Some people are really bothered by that!!"  We just sighed again, "Yeah, we know."  We say that putting everything in her mouth will just "build up her immune system", but deep down I think we just tell ourselves that in order to not feel so guilty for letting her lick everything.  It truly is disgusting, but I don't know how to make her stop!

I know this is just a phase, but I'm ready for it to be over.

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya! Kayla sucks on everything too. I used to bring a pacifier with me everywhere we went, but she doesn't like them anymore. Now I just shove her face with food all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Sorry that I just laughed out loud at your unfortunate situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snort! I freaked about stuff like that with the first kid (or kids in my case as it was twins). My last baby could do pretty much anything- and guess who gets sick the least now?! Lick away, Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. does she have brown or blue eyes? I know I said she was a "Luke Baby" but she is much cuter than Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristin,
    She might lick trash cans, but she is seriously SO cute. I can't believe she's standing up and almost walking. Adorable.

    Just read your sister's comment and I'm laughing. She is cuter than Luke (not that Luke isn't cute).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails