11.07.2011

JUST SAY NO

Outside of Luke's school, emblazoned across the fence of his playground is written in large red letters -

JUST SAY NO

I asked Luke what it means and he said, "Just say no to jumping over the fence!"  Yup, that anti-drug campaign they've got going at the school is really making a ton of sense.  Well, I'm assuming it's related to drugs.  Right?

I think I will make Luke watch this Punky Brewster anti-drug episode that I clearly remember watching when I was a kid... since it makes perfect sense for 12 year old girls with big hair and shoulder pads to offer cocaine or "nose candy" to 9 year olds.  You don't realize how much television has evolved in the past 20+ years until you watch something like this.



4 comments:

  1. I think I would need to start using drugs if I had to watch Punky Brewster again. I didn't realize how bad it was until seeing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay--can't stand it. had to turn it off after a minute... ha ha... yeah exactly.. using drugs after watching that show is right! Man, was is it slow or what... when was it going to get to the drug part!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure don't miss the days of when dressing "cool" meant you dress like your mom on a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized after watching the video clip that kids in the 80s were taking illicit drugs to numb the pain of having to wear those outrageous outfits and ugly hair styles---not to mention talking like idiots. Sadly, those were "the good old days" compared to how the druggies look and sound now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails