11.05.2011

AND YOU ARE....?

Hallelujah.  Halloween is over.  I couldn't be happier.  It is not my most favorite holiday.  Actually, it might even be my least favorite holiday (tied with Administrative Professionals Day).  This year, I actually denied some "trick or treaters" some candy, not because I am a Halloween scrooge, but because they were not wearing costumes.  Seriously?  Who knocks on a stranger's door, asks for candy and doesn't wear a costume!?  I'll tell you who, the 14 year old me, that's who!  Been there, done that.

I found this awful picture of myself tonight from the 1998 Flagstaff Institute of Religion's Halloween Extravaganza  - 


Dressing as a gypsy and telling fortunes inside a tent with UNO cards at a church activity seemed like a really good idea at the time.  Notice the thought and effort that went into that costume?  There wasn't any!  It took five minutes to tie a scarf around my head and put on too much eye shadow.  When I used to dress up on Halloween, I was the master of the "5 Minute Costume."  Other such quickie costumes I have had over the years include - 

The Gap Employee - Jeans, White T-Shirt and name tag that says, "Gap."
The Headless Horseman - Wear a dress shirt that is too big for me, put it over my head,look through an open button hole, name tag that says, "I am headless."
Ghost - White sheet. Name tag optional.
Beatles Fan - Dress like someone from the 60's or 70's.  Wear a name tag that says "I Love the Beatles."
An Intersection  - Wear an arrow name tag.
Ninja - Black sweat pants and black sweatshirt.  Wear a name tag that says "Ninja."

If you haven't figured it already, the key to a quick Halloween costume is usually wearing a NAME TAG.


Lucky for me, I have kids now, which give me a great excuse to not dress up.  This year the kids were Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Captain Hook.  No name tags required.  (Except, that I did consider putting one on Luke because people kept calling him Robin Hood.)

3 comments:

  1. love it. and love the fact that you can get "group" cooperation. I have bribed my kids already for next year if they will let me do a group...ps amelia is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Not only do you not need labels, you even dressed all 3 in a matching THEME! Total overachiever points for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Halloween theme! And yea for blogging again. I told Erik I had no idea what was going on in your lives anymore because you haven't blogged. In my world, you just had your baby like a month ago.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails