9.09.2010

THE CHAIR

Time to come clean about my lack of blogging. For those of you who didn't know, we're expecting baby #3 in March. I'm just tired and don't feel like doing anything. Yes, even blogging feels like too much work.


I knew Erik would be excited about having another baby, but I didn't know how excited until he announced to me about a month ago that he will be building a birthing chair for me. Initially, I thought, why stop there? Let's build a birth hut in the backyard too!* So now, it's official. Not only are we weirdos for setting up a tub in our bedroom and doing a home birth, but my husband now wants to build a birthing chair for me in the garage too.


You say, "Can't you just buy one of those off of Craigslist or something?" I say, "You don't know my husband. He hates to buy anything he can build himself." Actually, I did a quick internet search for birthing chairs and they're kind of hard to find. Go figure. Not everyone wants to get a splinter in their butt while pushing a baby out... including me. I didn't ask for a birthing chair, this was completely his idea, but I'm also not one to turn down a gift, regardless of how strange it will be.

Does looking at these chairs make you nauseous? It has that effect on me. I know how the baby is going to come out, but to be reminded of it by a piece of furniture is just a little too much for me.

I'm sure this will be a continuing story....

*Totally joking about the birth hut. I know it's hard to tell with us.

21 comments:

  1. this has got to be the most unique way I have EVER heard anyone announcing their birth on the blogisphere. so does this mean you'
    re not doing the hot tub? or are you upping the weirdness and just adding a chair into the mix?

    p.s. I don't think a hot tub birth is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, we're definitely doing the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment on your blog! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried just using the hot tub to relax with Jack--didn't work. Apparently I'm not a bath person.

    And yes, looking at those chairs makes me hurt. I am NOT ready to push a baby out in three months. Sigh.

    Seriously, though? A ROCKING birthing chair? Is that weird to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I birthed in a birthing chair, and it was not bad. I did have to put some padding/cover on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on baby #3, guys. Miss your (in a good way) craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! I have been missing your posts...so I guess this is a good enough excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of this, as random as that sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see a new post! Congrats on baby #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can use a spit rag while you sit at the computer and type :) Congrats...and maybe you can plant the placenta in the backyard by the hut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do those pictures make me feel nauseous? Yes. Yes they do. (congrats on the pregnancy!! SO excited for you guys!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! But I think I'd rather have the hut! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for baby number three!!!! Good luck with the chair... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey! Congratz on the baby! Shoot for march 4th, its a good day for a baby. :) hope you guys are doing well! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on baby #3, how exciting!! I have to admit, I've never heard of a birthing chair before, but it looks kind of painful? I think I'd take the bathtub over the chair Ü

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey congrats! Those chairs are awesome and you should totally order one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! If you don't want to get a splinter, maybe you could find a cheap soft chair on craigslist and then have your hubby cut a hole in it...that way he's still working on a project too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I appreciate that the last chair is wearing shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you guys! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well. How are Luke and Charlie handling the news? Oh yeah, I think I read that Luke's been biting Charlie, haha!

    Ummm, those splinters would worry me; I like Elisa's recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. PS- Kelley needs to have a baby soon. "Are you upping the weirdness?" Love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails