7.06.2010

CRASH

I have found myself saying lately that Luke is calming down. He's 4 now. That's a pleasant age, right?

This morning Luke tipped over my shopping cart while we were at Trader Joe's. Charlie and the food were in the shopping cart. It made a loud noise and drew lots of unwanted attention. Luckily, Charlie wasn't hurt too badly and we didn't have any glass bottles in our cart. It didn't mean I wasn't any less mortified when an employee came over to us and offered to put some cold tri-tip in a plastic bag so that we could put it on Charlie's head.

Fortunately, Erik was with me. To be with another adult when these crazy things happen is a rare thing for me. I'm normally by myself when my kids act up. After we left the store and got into the car, Erik said, "We should write these things down so that Luke can see what crazy stuff he did when he is older." I said, "Have you not read my blog?"

I think I might be too traumatized to ever take my kids grocery shopping again.

11 comments:

  1. are you sure charlie doesn't have serious brain damage? He sure gets hit on the head a lot by Luke and being inside a shopping cart when it gets tipped over???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Charlie's ok! Yes, I'd say age 4 is more fab than frustrating. Things should improve...

    Btw, LOVE Trader Joe's and their always helpful-employees. I would seriously try grocery shopping solo if I were you (when possible)-- SOOO much more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four has been the hardest age yet for us, hands down. I've heard that five is much better. I'm praying that's true.

    I'm glad Charlie's okay. What was Luke's reaction when the cart went down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel like my kids are going to tip my cart over too because they are always hanging on it. That tri-tip thing is too funny. Poor little Charlie:( And 4 is the hardest age I have dealt with so far with Julien and Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realized that I should've recommended that Charlie begin wearing "THE HELMET" that Luke's actually obsessed with (or a smaller version). No?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are so funny! I'm glad Charlie is okay! I still have a hard time shopping with my kids,even the older ones. And yes, I love age 4 and 5 alot! I love the helmet!Brayton used to wear a buzzlightyear costume everywhere when he was about Luke's age. It got so dirty, but he hated to take it off to wash it! Loved all these posts. Haven't been a good blogger lately so it's been a while, but finally I'm cathcing up. Thanks for the laughs! he he

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to let you know that my husband and I loved your diy water table so much that we made a bigger version and blogged about it. Thank you for the inspiration! Yo Gabba Gabba freaks me out, too. Fortunately, my son hasn't discovered it. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever read, "So you want to raise a boy?" Very enlightening I thought. It said in there that 3 is a very hard age and it seems like maybe it said so about 4 too, but I can't remember. All I know is that it kind of made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4 was a fine age for Elisabeth, but for our Charlie, not so much. In fact, it seems like every year keeps getting harder for us with him. I'm really hoping he picks up some good listening skills real soon here :).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails