6.14.2010

PANTS ON THE GROUND

I told Luke to smile and this is his honest, legitimate, attempt at a normal smile for the camera. Poor kid. This was taken 30 minutes before we needed to leave the house for Luke's first day of swimming lessons today. Eager? Oh yes. Just as I expected, he did great. He did not want to hold on to the wall, kept jumping in, kicking all over the place, and going underwater like crazy. Our problem with Luke in the water has always been that he thinks he knows how to swim. Hopefully by the end of this summer, it won't be a joke anymore and he really will.

I'm glad Luke did well, because Charlie did not. He hates having to sit on the side of the pool and watch his brother swim. It was so bad that while I was looking the other way for 15 seconds he took off all his clothes. I caught him completely naked, with his diaper around his ankles, waddling over to the pool ladder to get in. It was a chore just to keep his pants on during Luke's entire 50 minute lesson. He wanted in so badly.



I don't know if this is legal, but I've made the executive decision not to stick around the pool during Luke's lessons. I feel comfortable enough since we know so many of the teachers and parents of other students. As much as I would love to watch Luke swim, it's not that fun wrestling with a 2 year old to keep his clothes on for 50 minutes. Not fun at all.

3 comments:

  1. Does the pool offer a parent and me lesson at the same time as Luke's lesson by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Charlie...
    Tell him he can call his aunt kelley again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is priceless!.. both pics

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails