6.09.2010

AH-CHOO

Despite my mother's pleas to boycott San Diego, I decided to spend the week with Erik while he's working down here. Not so much because I have nothing to do at home, more because I am sick. I figured it was at least better to be sick with a husband to help out at night, rather than having no husband around at all. Now that I am writing this out it sounds extremely selfish that I drugged myself up just long enough to drive down here for help. I'm sure my husband loves his sick wife following him around everywhere. Oh well.

In addition to being sick, I haven't had a voice since Monday night. I never realized how much I rely on my voice to discipline my kids. Clapping my hands intensely and giving them enthusiastic thumbs up's don't have the same effect as yelling speaking sternly. I feel this strange kinship to Ariel from the Little Mermaid and people who don't speak English.

When I decided to be a stay-at-home mom, it never occurred to me that I would occasionally have to be sick and still watch my kids. I feel like I'll never get better because the kids will never give me enough time to really rest. I'm not complaining, just telling you how it is. I'm not a very good sick person. Can you tell?

Time to go take some more Dayquil.

4 comments:

  1. Well, Jeez, stop giving them the thumbs up already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm sorry you're sick. Last year I got really sick one day with a terrible cold and lost my voice. By the end of the day I was at my wit's end and Carson did something naughty, and I kid you not, this cuh-razy gurgling-turned-growl yell escaped from my mouth. Carson blinked, then immediately started sobbing and saying, "Mommy, please don't ever do that again!!!" I felt so. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok to whine a little when you are sick. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you're sick! Get better soon and for heaven's sake, try to enjoy sunny San Diego!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails