3.15.2010

WATCH OUT BELOW

Well, Luke is officially "potty trained" or at least that's what he has told me multiple times today.

Last night was the first time he successfully slept through the night without a pull-up. Even though he's been potty trained during the day for over 9 months now, I've been reluctant for a long time to take the leap of faith and let him sleep in his underwear. He was very proud of himself this morning. He told me, "I am potty trained, Mommy. I am growing up so big." The key now is for him to do it more than once.

So, with that being said, it was pretty ironic... and embarrassing... what happened this afternoon at the park.

Our park is split up into two sections - one for toddlers and one for older kids. I was watching Charlie on the toddler equipment while Luke was playing on the stuff for older kids. Although I couldn't exactly hear him, I had a pretty good view of what he was doing. I became consumed with helping Charlie down the slide for a few minutes and when I looked up there was quite a commotion over at Luke's side of the park. Parents were angry and the other kids were saying things like, "Gross!" and "Stop!!" Luke was standing alone at the top of the highest slide. I saw him come down the slide and noticed that he looked like he had to go to the bathroom.

I went over to him and asked him if he had to go. Two mothers interjected and said, "He already did." Turns out he went to the highest point on the play equipment, pulled down his pants and peed into a crowd of kids playing below. Then, according to these women, when they told him not to do that he announced, "I'm tree [3]! I'm potty trained!"

Oh dear.

Yes, Luke, it's true that you are "tree." Potty trained? I don't know anymore.

15 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! That is terrible. This will be one of those things that you will have to laugh at later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that tops about anything I have ever heard about potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I have this to look forward to...however, this story made me feel a little bit better about the hellish day that I had. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this wasn't funny at the time, but the mental image in my head has me cracking up!! With kids it's always one step forward, two steps back- hopefully this was a one time incident Ü I'm going to start potty training Chandler in the next few months, so if you have any words of wisdom, please pass them along!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is horrifyingly hilarious! You'll have it to hang over his head his whole life. Oh, how AWFUL that moment must have been for you but thanks for sharing it so we can all smile and laugh! Oh dear!

    And it isn't the Wild West Jordan playground is it? If so, that little dude just urinated (but thankfully did not deficate) on my playground. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. While this is hilarious... I can also see it from your point of view with all those mothers giving you furious looks. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've decided Luke is not allowed to come visit until he is 5. 60/40 I'm sorry... did you cry? do you have to find a new playground?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, "Take Cover" will have a whole new meaning at your park! This story reminded me of a famous landmark in Brussels, Belgium-- appropriately named "Manneken Pis" -- Google it! Maybe Luke saw the bronze sculpture featured on some travel channel and got inspired...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a confident little guy you have! These 3.5 year olds can be up to a lot of mischief when mom is looking the other way. Thanks for the great laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you have any friends after all the things your kids (Luke) do. Atlest he didn't go in his pants, right? I seriously thought he was going to have gone #2 when I started reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOYS! They're such a joy to raise. However I must say that even with incidents like these I still think they are easier than girls..BTW boys NEVER do grow up... So fun..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cristin. This is just so funny and so horrible. One of those moments you wanted to ring his neck and yet you couldn't because he was just taking care of business. Boys have no shame, I tell you. Don't worry, he will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I am just relieved he didn't go number 2. That would have been much much worse for you! Well, Zach for SOME reason thought it would be a good idea to teaCH jONAH TO PEE IN THE SHOWER. For about a week, Jonah thought it was okay to Pee standing up Anywhere with no diaper on. Luke is still allowed at my house.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ewww.... I think I would have been upset too if I was one of the other kids mom's. Not at anyone in particular...but just at the fact that my child had just been peed on.

    So gross....I can't even laugh. Seriously... where does he come up with this stuff? lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness! This story will go down in history and will definitely be a good one for the "how I can embarrass my teenager" list of stories. I'm glad my kids didn't get peed on, but this story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails