3.03.2010

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER

Yesterday I was sitting at the beauty salon and looking at myself in the mirror for almost two hours. (The beauty salon is about the only place where it is permissible to look at yourself for that long.) Something just didn't seem right. I figured it out right about when the appointment ended. It was my shoes.

I am a walking contradiction. Why do I spend $100 on my hair and wear tailored jeans that I buy from Saks (okay, the Saks outlet), yet I haven't changed my tennis shoes for over six years? I mean, I wear my tennis shoes almost every single day. This is ridiculous.

PUMA Californias. The most comfortable shoes every made.

I still remember the day I bought these shoes. It was at Nordstroms in Provo. I couldn't believe that I spent $60 on shoes. Hey, it looks like I got my money's worth!

The problem is two-fold. I really like my shoes, yet they are impossible to find. I'm like an addict to my old tennis shoes. The only way I am going to be able to quit them is by throwing them away and forcing myself to buy a new pair of shoes.

So, it's 2010, and I haven't bought a new pair since 2004. What do stay at home moms wear while they are out running errands nowadays? Someone please enlighten me. I am clueless when it comes to shoe shopping and I want to order some new ones this week.

11 comments:

  1. I wear flip flops or flats or if its cold then boots every where. Mainly flip flops. Wow now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen you NOt wearing those shoes! It's time cristin. Quit them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a great pair of flip flops at walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I just had this same exact problem. I've worn a pair of Royal Elastics (Fields in white/pink) for years and years and years almost every day. Mine are worn out. Went to buy new ones online and the brand has changed a bit and is all super hip trendy, 80s high top looking to me now. I about died. My tennies have no laces and I don't ever want to go back to laces. After waaaay too much time online searching for good alternatives, I found one I'm really happy with: the Globe Castro. They're slipons (easy), cheap ($35 or so including shipping), leather (so don't get as dirty) and super cute (at least I think so).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give them to Caitlin. Then maybe her back will finally stop hurting from wearing flip-flops everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO!! NOT flip flops or flats UNLESS they are crocs. I know you think they are ugly, but that is because you have never been to a croc store, or looked online. They are soooo comfortable. I ONLY wear comfortable shoes, hello I stand all day. I own atleast 5 pairs of crocs and they are super worth it, and the most expensive ones I bought (from the kiosk in Scottsdale mall, NOT from the outlet where most are from) weren't even 30 bucks. Okay, worth it! they are SOO easy to clean to, and you can get them wet! But nevertheless, I still usually always wear a super good pair of running shoes (to work, aka your job) because I find those are the most comfortable, but you have to replace them EVERY YEAR. come one, like 60 or 70 bucks once a year to help your feet and back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS THROW THOSE SHOES AWAY NOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously i have been looking for a good every day pair as well. but cant find what i am looking for.......although i am not sure what that is. i like tennis shoes but they dont go with everything so that is where my dilemma lies. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same question. I been wearing my same flip flops and mary janes for several years. I'm just not sure what I should be wearing? Those are cute sneakers though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still have a pair of tennis shoes that are from 2000. I don't wear them everyday, but I do still wear them. I feel really dorky in them, but I'm not one of those girls that have a million pairs of shoes (would be nice though) to go with every outfit. I usually wear flip flops or boots too; fast and easy!

    You should go buy those new Sketchers Shape-ups. I keep seeing commercials about them. They are kinda ugly, but are suppose to help with weight loss (not that you need to do that), tone muscles, improve posture, ect. I'm getting kind of curious to see if they are as good as the commercial says they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this same problem!! I hate going out looking for shoes because there are no good every day shoes at the mall. I am thinking about trying some from Lands End

    http://www.landsend.com/ix/shoes/Shoes/Women/Width=Regular/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=916~917&visible=1~2~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=9&cm_re=D-7-1-1

    Or two of my sisters came to visit and were wearing the exact same shoes! They were some Skechers slip ons that were cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails