2.18.2010

WE ARE THE WORLD

Does anyone else find the new We are the World completely hilarious? It feels very overproduced and a little too "Kidney Now" if you know what I mean. They even have Michael Jackson in it and those guys doing the robot voices at the end!

Here is the original. It's 100% better in my opinion. I do find Kenny Rogers' voice strangely comforting, maybe that has something to do with it.



While I'm at it, my other favorite celebrity benefit songs include Hands Across America (hey look it's Erik Estrada, Yoko Ono and Barbra Streisand!) -



Of course, I can't forget "What's Going On" by the MTV Allstars to raise money for the victims of 9/11 -



However, my all-time favorite benefit song is "Don't They Know It's Christmas" because Boy George is fantastic! Seriously!

3 comments:

  1. You'd think with all that talent, that someone could come up with an original song to benefit Haiti! The original is ALWAYS better....why try to improve on such a great production that "We Are the World" was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the commercial for it and I had to rewind it a couple of times.

    Don't get me wrong, it's great that they're trying to raise money for Haiti, but really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I had never seen the videos for any of these songs, and I never really knew the words to "Don't They Know It's Christmas." Now that I know the words, the song makes complete sense. I didn't get it before then. I'm with you; I really prefer the original of "We Are the World." It seemed much more genuine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails