2.16.2010

FIGHT!

Meet my newest mantra:

I am bigger and stronger than you.
I am bigger and stronger than you.
I am bigger and stronger than you.



Why do my kids try to fight me? Don't they know that I hold all the power? I do hold all the power? Right? Sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

Luke spanked me as hard as he could the other day and screamed, "I'm angry with you!" It was more humorous then painful. Then there was the other day when Luke was throwing his Geotrax off the stairs, aiming at my head. That, admittedly, was pretty painful... and traumatic. Now, I freak out every time I am standing below the stairs and I hear the kids up there with a toy.

Recently, even Charlie has been trying to beat up on me. For some unknown reason, he woke up at 5:30 a.m. today and wouldn't go back to sleep. I have been counting down the hours till Luke would be at preschool and I could put Charlie down for a nap. This made for one very overtired little boy. Just 20 minutes ago, I was carrying him up the stairs for a nap and he head butted me more times than I can count. When I dodged him, he began clawing at my jugular! This kid may not look like he has superhuman strength, but watch out! When he doesn't want to do something, he goes Incredible Hulk crazy.

The sad part of this whole situation is that once he does fall asleep (and I can hear him winding down finally in his bedroom), I will have to wake him up 45 minutes later to go pick up Luke from preschool. A sacrificed nap time is truly the plight of the younger sibling. No wonder he's so mad!

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte pinches and head butts me really hard, but to her defense I don't think she truly understands what she is doing. I say it is time Erik taught Luke that he shouldn't hit mommy. I am not saying Erik should go on a hitting frenzy, but I do think it is the dad's role to teach their children not to hit their moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with Else! Something about dads teaching their boys to respect women really drills it home! But that said... some kids just have a hitting, throwing, or biting phase that sometimes they just have to grow out of! I do worry for your safety, and your sanity!! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack has already started hitting and biting. It's not fun.
    And when I saw your facebook status this morning, I knew it was going to be a rough day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the stair case would be a little traumatic for you know... I think I would feel the same hehe.. I am sure they will eventually learn mom is the boss and how to keep her happy so they get to do fun things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time call me and I will go pick up Luke for you, then at least Charlie would get his nap in. I mean it, call me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kristin! I haven't been to your site in what feels like forever! I can totally relate. I'm amazed at how strong Sam is when he's throwing a tantrum or doesn't want to go in his crib.

    Ouch for the stair incident! Hopefully you're ok :)

    Hugs,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon and all -

    I DO have that latch on my door. It is not Luke-proof. He pushes a chair over to the door and undoes the latch. Then moves the chair and he is OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exhausting. Looks like you may need to invest in some full-protective body gear, helmut and all. Oh yeah, and up your intake of protein!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails