2.01.2010

BREAKFAST WITH THOMAS

Once in awhile I am a really, really, cool mom. Today I feel the need to document my coolness and post it online for you, my friends and complete strangers, to read.


Last week, my friend gave the kids a Thomas the Train pop up tent the size of our kitchen and I let the kids eat breakfast in it. As if that wasn't cool enough, I then turned on the heinous Thomas CD at full volume while they were eating. It seemed like a good idea until they started bouncing around like they were at a rock concert. Why am I surprised that the morning ended with syrup everywhere, the tent overturned on top of the sink, and two boys crying at the top of their lungs?


This picture was taken just moments before the chaos. It was not cool.

8 comments:

  1. Breakfast in a tent in the kitchen sounds cool to me even at my age (23 and counting). Will you be my mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the crazy world called Island of Sodor. My almost 6 year old still LOVES his Thomas trains. He actually took about a 2 year hiatus from the videos because they were too scary and now his baby brother watches them and he's starting to think they are pretty cool again. Fortunately, we don't have the cd (please don't send yours our way).

    Have you already realized you can use your 40% Michaels ad coupon to buy Thomas stuff at Michaels. And that ebay and craigslist freecycle are excellent places to find all the accessories you need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AWESOMOMMY! I am also personally surrounded by these little trains and their world. I even do the british accent when reading the books to my 4 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darn. Thanks for the idea though. How would you have predicted that outcome? Keep the ideas coming though in order to stall the winter doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. I don't do cool stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was part of the coolness giving Luke a sippy cup?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a SUPER cool mom! Cool Cristin... So sorry about the "train wreck" -- yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a cool mom! And I am laughing hysterically right now as I picture the chaos! BTW, I let the kids jump rope in the house, does that make me cool?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails