1.11.2010

SIPPY CUPS


Besides all the wild dogs, the other thing that really caught my attention while we were in Tonga last year was that no kids used sippy cups. The owners of our resort had a child about the same age as Charlie who drank everything out of a glass (GASP!!!). When was the last time you saw a 20 month old carrying a glass around? For that matter, when was the last time you saw even a 3 year old carrying a glass around?!

So, this is my goal this week. No more sippy cups for Luke. I'm tired of buying and cleaning them. I'm constantly losing lids and inserts. I have to use a bottle brush to clean them correctly. I can handle one kid using them, but not two. I feel like this is going to be worse than weaning Luke from breastfeeding. Wish me luck.

9 comments:

  1. You really think it will be hard? If I gave Jonah a glass of milk right now, it would be the most exciting day of his life! Good Luck.

    P.S. I finally gave in and started buying the expensive sippy cups that have no inserts. Its been so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always said the sooner you start using them, the sooner they learn. She thinks sippy's are silly. Its kinda true....we just put off the inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their teeth will totally thank you for losing the sippy cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after finding one too many sippy cup under a kids bed or in the sandbox...they were all banned (after Laina) Mac never got 'em...little paper dixie cups are my solution...with about 2 oz of water :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the little lid you can put on a water bottle to make all water bottles into a sippy cup. They are pretty cool.

    With our older kids, we went from sippy cups to those cups with the straw attached to their side (like the cereal bowls) from Walmart. They thought it was cool. And they aren't allowed to walk anywhere with a drink. They have to sit at the table to drink. Still...at 5 and 7 because they still manage to spill everything.

    I feel sorry for Linus because most Sundays he comes home from Nursery soaked because they gave him water in a regular cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you luck! (Your dishwasher will thank you too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't make it harder for yourself than it needs to be. If Luke wants to throw a fit, so be it. Natural consequence, he won't get milk...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, can you think of a better title atleast, because that just does not interest me enough to read

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails