1.25.2010

HOME

Erik told me I better blog or people are going to think I'm dead. So, hello, people. I'm alive.

Last Monday morning I woke up and decided to go to Arizona for the week. It was the first time I had been with all of my sisters in over a year. I stayed with my sister, Caitlin. 4 kids, ages 3 and under, in one house, makes for a lot of craziness. Fun times, though.

The big news this week is that I think I have mastered the art of the road trip with small children. This morning I left at 6:30 a.m. and arrived home at 12:30 p.m. Not bad, eh? I didn't even have to use the portable DVD player. My secret - STAKE CENTERS!!



I mapped out a few stake centers when I drove to my parents house alone with Luke when he was a baby. They are usually open, a clean place to go to the bathroom and have nice comfortable spots to nurse. Today was especially nice because I only had to stop at one. I love the Stake Center across from the Redlands Temple because it is so close to the freeway. No one questioned why I was changing my kids out of their pajamas and letting them run around like crazy. Win-win.

So, now that my mental health vacation is over, it's on to real life, piles of laundry, an upcoming Relief Society activity to plan, and.... Charlie escaped from his crib this afternoon! Oh no. I wonder how much it will be to overnight a new crib tent to our house?

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not dead.

    Also, I wish I had the tenacity to just pack up the boys and drive to another state. I joke about driving to Vegas, but I know I'll never really do it. I'm just not that organized.

    Thanks for the tip about Stake Centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stake Centers- that's brilliant! I didn't realize they were usually open, that's great to know! You are really brave, I don't know that I would venture a road trip with one toddler, let alone two. Glad you survived Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious post! (So glad you're still alive.)

    Stake Centers-- genius! (And the fact that they're often open means you need to WATCH OUT for your personal belongings if you're there setting up for an event, etc. A former RS president had her purse stolen from the kitchen counter while setting up for a Christmas activity. Just FYI.)

    When your boys are teenagers, you may have to convert to STEAK centers on your road trips, haha!

    Cool that you could hang with your fun and funny sisters! And that crib tent sounds totally worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat stake centers are you talking about?? Ours is never unlocked! not during the day

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome at taking the kids on road trips! I have never thought of the stake center idea. Genius! We'll have to try that one! i love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails