12.03.2009

WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY

I have looked out my window about 20 times this morning. Yes, it's still there. It's really there!!

Remember how I always wanted a Jetta? Well, I decided that I would "settle" for a Passat.


This a big deal for us. I have wanted a "new" car for a very long time. I'm not joking when I say that Erik's definition of new is anything after 1990. My definition is anything in the 2000's. Either way, I am happy to report that Sister Crisco has entered the 21st Century. We bought a 2004 VW Passat Sedan TDI off of Ebay a couple of weeks ago and it finally arrived last night from Maryland. It's a little nerve wracking to buy a car without test driving it first, but it's better than we thought it would be! This makes 4 cars total that we have bought off of Ebay. Yay for Ebay.

I can't believe that I get to drive around a car that isn't 19 years old anymore. Don't get me wrong, the Mercedes was great, but that car was a loud diesel. It became a running joke how many "concerned" people told me, "I think something is wrong with your engine" and I would have to say, "It's a diesel." Erik even had the employee at the Taco Bell drive-thru tell him that once and he was so annoyed, he just drove off without buying anything.

So, now I get to blend in with everyone else on the road. I get to have cup holders and window controls that are on the doors, instead of the center. I get to drive a diesel that whispers instead of roars. Now, the real question is how to keep it from getting trashed out by the kids. Maybe I will cover the seats with plastic wrap. I'm serious.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new ride!! Very VERY exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Ride!! Just don't ask Susanne Ashby about her Passat fiasco and you'll be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! The car is beautiful! How exciting! Someday we'll enter the 21st century too...someday. :) The waiting for a car to get to me after I'd bought it would probably kill me - I'm not that patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should try the saran wrap thing. Let me know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just bought a car too, but not electively - we totalled our last 2 in the past 2 months (I was never driving). We are lovers of VW too, ours is a 2001 Jetta.

    Congrats on the new Passat!! Looks fabulous!

    oh, and we're the other people in the world who buy old cars, but our definition is like yours: new = 2000s

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I would love to have a car that was made after 2000! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cup holders? So jeal.

    We had a Jetta once. It was nice. 2005. Fun. Sporty. And effing expensive. Sold it. Then wrecked my 99 camry. Now drive a 97 F150. Have a feeling my time in the '90s is just beginning.

    At least one of us gets to escape. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Good luck keeping the car clean with 2 little boys. You could at least put some towels on the seats under their carseats, that would stop some stainage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a new car! I love the Passat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails