12.20.2009

GONE FISHIN'!

I am really looking forward to Christmas. I need to feel some peace and hope in my life. Lately I have felt like I am in one of those movies where the "Spirit of Christmas" will solve everything. We'll be happy, drink hot chocolate, it will start to snow, an angel will get his wings... and everything will be alright.

One thing that does give me hope right now is this CD -


If this CD can make it, anyone can. I have a friend that I thought might hate me, but I wasn't sure. Then, for Luke's birthday, she gave him this CD. I figure she must hate me because why would you give this to a friend? The truth hurts, but not as much as listening to the "Thomas and Friends Singers" sing such hits as "You Can't Judge a Book By its Cover" and "Gone Fishin'!" This (along with Alvin and the Chipmunks) is some of the worst "music" I have ever heard. I mean, I would rather listen to that Hulk Hogan CD I got for my wedding. It's that bad.

Whenever I listen to it, I imagine all these British stage mothers waiting in the wings. They're yelling at their primadona children to enunciate better on the "Thomas Theme." Then a producer with bad teeth (he's British) over-synthesizes their voices with a drum machine on his Casio. A huge record company buys the tracks and sells them to gullible American consumers.

So, forgot about Obama giving you hope. Listen to a Thomas and Friends CD. Anyone can make it big. ANYONE.

4 comments:

  1. does this friend read your blog????
    you should be happy with the simple fact that you can still shop at the dollar store for christmas gifts...Indy's entire 3rd grade class asked for a DSi...I didn't even know what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cd came with a dvd we rented from our local library.. I didn't listen to it until I was on my way to return the movie. You think it's bad wile you watch Thomas, but it's so much worse when your only listening to the singing. Even Jonah was screaming for me to shut it off! But maybe Luke likes it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I tried to read the story about how you guys met.. but sorry it got WAY too long and boring for me.. and of course I'm always disgusted to know about you falling in love with ERIK! EWWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there. Heard that. We survived the Thomas phase. You will too- but your love of music will clearly suffer. I can't remember all the words now but I DO clearly remember the over-enunciation of "Thom--as and his friends".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails