11.09.2009

THEY'RE CHEAP AT OLD NAVY

I decided a few weeks ago to try something new. Now that I've done it, I'm scared that I've opened a door that I cannot close and this is not necessarily a good thing.


VELOUR TRACK SUITS!

Perhaps you've been wearing velour track suits for years and think it is strange that I am only mentioning this right now. You are forgetting that I am about 4 years behind fashion trends. Just recently I got this crazy idea to start wearing velour track suits around the house. Let me reiterate: around the house. I have no intention of becoming one of those girls who is running errands around town in her velour track suit. I just figured that since there are days when I don't leave the house, it just makes sense to me to wear "pajama-like" clothing all day long. Right?

Well, today was Day 1 of the Velour Track Suit. I was saving it for a time when Erik wasn't going to be around to make fun of me in it. It was amazing! I felt as if I was cheating the system by wearing simulated pajamas all day long. Ha ha! I only left the house once in them, but since I didn't get out of the car, I figured it didn't count as being in public.

My big problem now is that I only own one velour track suit. What is protocol? Can you wear them multiple times throughout the week as long as you change the undershirt? How often do they need to be washed? Is it bad if I wear it to bed also?

The floodgates are now open and there is no turning back. I don't care how they look, they are so comfortable. I was planning to order 5 more tomorrow, but then my future told me to be careful ordering velour track suits or Erik and I will look like this in a few years -

Not pretty.

13 comments:

  1. I would get a few more - specially if you are sleeping in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with everything else in life, "The Simpsons" can be instructional in this case. Marge once stayed up all night altering her one fancy business suit to make it look like she owned more than one. I suggest you do the same. Tomorrow you can wear your velour track shorts, then maybe your velour track tennis skirt. The possibilities are limited somewhere around ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see a post of you wearing the tracksuit. Some people pay dearly for that apparel; I guess that's why we see so many of them on the streets. My Prediction is that you are going to love the feel of them so much that you become one of those people, It's a slippery slope....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop. Stop now. hahahahaha. No, Seriously, stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally think they should give you one when you leave the hospital after having a baby. I only have 1, but I love to wear it when I am cleaning. However I do have a harsh rule to never wear it out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you will so be wearing them out of the house, im telling you something that is cute and comfortable is a moms wardrobe and these fit the bill so never say never. Im wearing mine right now and my husband has finally stopped making fun of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what there is to make fun of? I only wear my "real one" (aka "Juicy Couture") OUT of the house like if I'm doing a relief society craft day or just to run errands.. I figure it is too cute (or too expensive) to not let anyone see me in it. And I don't want it to get dirty while I'm cleaning the house or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get me one, or five. I usually spend most of the day in my pajama pants. So, this suit would be a step up for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. better than running errands in a robe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my sweatsuit. I wear it often and have no shame in it. I do always do my hair & make-up and I think that makes it ok :). Now, go buy yourself an 8 pack of white v-neck hanes t-shirts to wear under it and you'll have enough for every day of the week (with an extra one even), call it your uniform, and enjoy being a stay-at-home mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a dream about Old Navy last night, I think its because I read this post yesterday, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ARE right, it doesn't count as being in public unless you get out of your car.
    (But come on, track suits are perfectly fine in public as long as they are animal print AND you wear stilletos with them, of COURSE!)
    sheesh!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  13. GUILTY for wearing mine during my airplane travels. . . Actually I hadn't worn mine for a couple of years, so you reminded me of it's comfort and I am wearing it on this lazy Friday. Thanks, Cristin!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails