10.01.2009

THIS IS WHAT WE DO

Ever since we cut the cable, Erik and I have taken to watching television series on DVD or online. We are currently on Season 1, Episode 5 of Mad Men. *Ugh* As much as I want to love this show, I keep waiting for these characters to redeem themselves and they're not. In fact, they are getting worse. Too depressing and yucky. I need a series that doesn't cause me to think that Erik is pulling a "Don Draper" on me every time he has work late.

I want so badly to find good television to watch. I love being able to watch whole seasons of shows on DVD. It's one of the few things that Erik and I enjoy doing together. Now, with Lost entering it's final season at the beginning of next year, I'm afraid that there will be this big dark void that not even Glee can replace. Maybe Erik I need a pastime other than television on DVD. Or please tell me there are some good shows that I should be watching.

11 comments:

  1. Not sure if you like comedies, but we love Arrested Development. Make sure you start with Season 1. It is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you watching the biggest loser? Thats a good wholesome show. I seriously can't get through an episode with out bawling my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon and I have watched Alias and Arrested Development (over and over again) together. I've watched most CSI seasons and Ugly Betty on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved one--it only was on for a couple of seasons, but it's called Pushing Up Daisies. Really adorable and quite funny. I'm also a fan of the Office and Parks and Recreation, although those do have some rather inappropriate parts...don't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hated mad men at first too, but i promise...by the end of the first season you'll be hooked. the characters are awful to each other, but they're just complicated and enough that i couldn't stop watching! they're like your crazy friends whose lives you can't believe but are totally entertained by. i don't really have friends like that, so the show makes up for it, haha. plus the sets and the clothes...i want to live in them. also, how i met your mother is awesome. it's like friends only better. if you want an "upper class" soap opera, go with ugly betty. scrubs also can't be beat. i love tv on dvd...i almost can't wait a week in between episodes anymore. oh, by the way, i'm a long-time reader...not so good at commenting. i'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we watch House...taylor made me watch mad men...watched flight of the conchords but there's some highly questionable material there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're big TV on DVD junkies too, some of our favorites are Arrested Development, 24, Big Bang Theory, and The Office... I also love Desperate Housewives (and surprisingly my husband does too!) but realize that's a bit questionable for some ;) Good luck finding a show to fill your void!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one word... 30 rock.

    I also fully support Pushing Daisies.

    But, come on... 30 ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like House, Numbers, Lie to Me, NCIS, and Ghost Whisperers. Good luck finding another one you like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karin was just telling me that I need to start watching Flash Forward. It's a new series on ABC, so I think it should be online. It sounded really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heroes! The second season is kind of dumb but it's getting better now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails