8.13.2009

LIFE IN THE BIG CITY

Well, I was home for all of one week when Erik got sent down to San Diego to work for an unspecified amount of time. After a few days by myself (plus his week of mancation), I decided that it is much better to be with him than to be alone.

Wondering what it is like to live in a hotel room with your two little kids?


First of all, routine goes out the window. Our kids normally go to bed by 8 p.m., this picture was taken at 10:15 p.m. last night. That's right. It is a non-stop party around here. We like to think of it as camping, all sleeping in one big tent hotel room.

Besides poor little Charlie's nap schedule though, everything is great. Today is Day 4 of our "house-hotel" adventure. (That's what Luke likes to call it.) I am really enjoying it here. Erik doesn't get off work till around 6:30 p.m., so I have all day to spend with kids. Of course, at home I also have all day to spend with the kids, but here it feels different. Without housework, church responsibilities, and other distractions, I feel like I have nothing else to do but to spend time with the kids. I love it! We have gone to museums, movies, a puppet show, numerous parks, rode a carousel, and just sat on the hotel room floor to play with trains.

And guess what? I love being a mom! I love doing things with my kids! Amazing!! I went through a phase recently where I didn't feel like taking the kids anywhere because I was so tired of their fighting and temper tantrums. I look forward to every day here to see what we can find to do next. Who cares if we have to hang a beach towel over a closet door and blast a fan for Charlie to sleep! This won't be forever. I will actually be sad to go back to normal life.

It probably doesn't hurt that I am in love with San Diego too.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SAN DIEGO! Sounds like you are making the most of it while there. Keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's just something about being in a hotel that makes you feel like everything is a-ok. I'm glad your enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm impressed, I hatehatehate staying in a hotel with Chandler, it's such a pain! I'm glad you're having such a great time, San Diego is the best! Hope you're taking lots of pictures to post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for finding the fun in being a mom! Also, I love San Diego too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fun that you get to do so much with your boys. I love being on vacation for the same reasons that you don't feel like you have to be doing something, like house work etc.

    Cute pic of Charlie and Luke, I bet they are loving it just as much as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The biggest bonus of living in a hotel is the cleaning service! Don't you wish you had THAT at home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love adventures like that! Great one-on-one-on-one time with the kiddies!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got home and finished unpacking my bags from our trip to San Diego! I wish we knew you were there!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails