8.29.2009

CHIM CHIM CHER-EE

Guess who has a file with their name on it at Poison Control?!

It's not me, Erik, or Charlie!

Last night around 8 p.m., Luke came into our bedroom sucking on an empty bottle of cherry flavored Childrens Tylenol. Yes, he had gotten into the medicine cabinet and drank an almost full bottle. No, those child safety caps do not work.

So, after calling Poison Control, I took Luke to the Appalachian Emergency Room quaint hospital down the street from our house. (Why, yes, Luke has a file with his name on it there too.) They got him right in and immediately started feeding him charcoal. Once that was over, the excitement began! We got to wait for 3 hours in a crowded room where we met a man who had unsuccessfully slit his wrists, a 90 year old woman suffering from pneumonia, and a girl who ate a bad cheeseburger in Mexico. Around 1 a.m., they tested his blood, the charcoal had worked it's magic and we got to go home.

Wait - it's not over yet!

Poor Luke. This picture was taken at 2 a.m. today.

Then, Luke threw up all the charcoal in the car on the way home. I still haven't ventured out to the car today to see how bad the mess is in there. I'm scared at what I'll find.

This time next week we are supposed to be sitting on the beach in Tonga, roasting a pig. At this rate, it'll be a miracle if we make it on our vacation.

17 comments:

  1. aw, no, poor little guy; kids can get into ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I'm not on the list to be his babysitter while you're away. I'd hate if he overdosed on my watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. that is horrible! you guys are definitely earning that vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll make the vacation...kids recover quickly. And you NEED a vacation after that!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  5. charcoal??? That is bizarre. Poor Luke! That picture of him is so sad looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little guy! Glad he is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did Luke drink that stuff without being forced? Zach says that stuff tastes like tar! That picture is so sad looking and gross. I'm just glad he's okay. It's so miserable sitting in a hospital ( or little office like yours) with a toddler, waiting, and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it bad that I feel SLIGHTLY worse for YOU than him? You poor things, all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that nobody finds it odd that you made him pose for a picture at 2am in his charcoal puke! And your husband went along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man when they had to give Chandler charcoal he pooped out that stuff for like a week- it's awful! I think charcoal throw up would be even worse... yuck!! I sincerely hope you get your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys have the most awesome adventures! I'm sort of glad I'm not you and Erik, but at the same time, you two are going to have a LOT of amazing stories to tell when your kids are older!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH he ruined the cool pjs I gave him.. oh man and he is only 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, do you make this stuff up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, that would be awful! I hope you guys are able to still have an enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, do you make this stuff up?

    Poor Luke. Erik looks exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry but I was laughing out loud when I saw this picture. Poor Luke and Cristin. Yucky charcoal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been there, done that. Say goodbye to those PJ's because that charcoal does not come out. You gotta a shorter version of our fun but I am so very glad that everything worked out. People who raise boys to men should get some kind of special reward in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails