7.22.2009

TWO KIDS IS TOO EASY

Victory! As I mentioned before, I successfully managed to fly home with Luke and Charlie without any major catastrophes. Of course, it's not like I would choose to travel with them every day. It reminded me of taking them to the grocery store. I don't like to do it, but if I must, I will do it.

If I were to have live blogged the trip, you would have read something like this -

10:00 a.m. - I show Luke this movie about airport security.

10:30 a.m. - Luke runs around the house screaming, "We're going to take off our shoes! Take off our shoes!!"

11:00 a.m. - Luke asks, "When do we get to take off our shoes?"

11:30 a.m. - Luke asks, "Mommy, are you going to take off your shoes?"

3:00 p.m. - Arrive at airport. Luke takes off his shoes. I tell him to put them back on until we go through security.

3:10 p.m. - Get to the ticketing counter and Luke demands that I take off my shoes.

3:15 p.m. - I check in and ask if my mom can accompany me at the gate. The ticketing agent acts as if I am asking her to buy cocaine and obstinately says, "NO!"

3:30 p.m. - Say goodbye to my mom. Go through security. Luke finally gets to take his shoes off. My heart is racing. I hate holding people up in the security line. As soon as I get through security, I sit to help Charlie with his shoes and people push me out of the way in order to run to their gates.

3:45 p.m. - We find our gate and divide the largest ice cream possible between the 3 of us.

3:50 p.m. - A mother travelling alone with 4 small children passes by me. I feel incredibly guilty for thinking that I need help. It has been confirmed: I am truly a wuss.

4:00 p.m. - I take Luke to the bathroom. He tells me that his poop looks like a snake that we saw at the zoo.

4:05 p.m. - After he goes to the bathroom, Luke sits on the floor in the stall to pull his pants up.

4:45 p.m. - Board plane. We are illegally placed in an exit row. I don't say anything, neither does the flight attendant.

5:15 p.m. - Waiting on the runway. Luke screams, "This is stupid." People around us snicker.

5:30 p.m. - Luke almost spills apple juice.

5:35 p.m. - Luke spills an entire cup of ice on his lap and screams that he needs a new seat.

5:40 p.m. - Luke and Charlie fight over the iPod.

5:45 p.m. - Charlie eats a handful of playdough.

5:50 p.m. - At the insistence of the flight attendant, I let Luke and Charlie run to the back of the plane and up again.

5:55 p.m. - Luke and Charlie screaming at each other.

5:57 p.m. - The flight attendant approaches me and rubs Charlie's leg. However, half the time she misses his leg and accidentally rubs mine too. Awkward.

6:10 p.m. - We land on what Luke refers to as the "Airplane Freeway." Success! I swear to never do this again by myself.

8 comments:

  1. All that work for a one hour flight. Remember flying without kids? Sleeping on the plane. Catching up on your People magazine. Those days are effectively over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero. p.s. thank you for adding the comment about Luke's poop. That was the best line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired. You are totally brave.
    I always wonder why, oh why do airlines not have cups with lids for kids. Paul spills EVERY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good, Cristin. GREAT in fact. I love the timeline you posted. I've only flown with one child (Jonna, when she was a baby), and that was stressful enough. The stress comes from the annoyance of the other passengers...it was for me! Anyhow, good job. (You'll have to ask Jackie about her flight to Hawaii once with David and Justin, and she was pregnant with the twins. Justin screamed the whole way.) Anyhow...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurrah! congrats on the successful landing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed that you did it with two kids. I remember flying to Utah with Kaitlyn when she was five months old. Talk about a nightmare!!! So many things went wrong and I swore I would never fly again without Nate helping me with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know I have people who read my blog who aren't mormon... and its still a modest dress- so just because on the 6' victoria secret model it goes 2" above her knee... doesn't exactly mean it's a mini skirt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails