I am trying to find the nicest way to put this.
You're kind of a wuss when it comes to doing things by yourself with the two kids. Suck it up! Tomorrow you are going to fly home with Luke and Charlie. You've done harder things in your life, so stop freaking out about it. It's only two kids. Besides, what is the worst that can happen?
[Luke has an accident in his pants. Charlie has a blow out in his pants. You lose the pacifier. You forget to bring a change of clothes for both kids. You lose Luke at the airport. Charlie screams the entire time on the plane again. You are delayed for hours on the runway. You wet your pants.]
Whatever happens, you'll get through this.
Here's the game plan -
1. Pay the extra fee to check on your luggage.
2. Fight those voices in your head saying to keep Charlie's car seat with you just in case there is an available seat for him on the plane. You don't want to have to carry a lot of stuff around the airport. The kids will be enough.
3. Be calm going through security. Just act as if Luke will not run away from you, even though you know he will.
4. Bribe the kids with whatever you can. Carry lots of candy. When I say candy, I mean real candy. Not fruit snacks.
5. Let Luke watch Handy Manny 50 times on your iPod if you must.
6. Act calm. The kids are like dogs. They will sense your fear.
7. Do not let Charlie out of the stroller, whatever you do.
8. Go to the bathroom before you get on the plane. The last thing you need is a 25 lb. toddler bouncing on your full bladder for an hour.
It's only a 59 minute flight! You really are a wuss. Good luck!