7.30.2009

THE KALINGADONGO

The bad news is that Luke has the Kalingadongo.

The good news is that he is doing it in the toilet! [Cue the celebratory music and confetti!]

I can't believe how different it is to have a kid who knows how to put the Kalingadongo in the toilet. It almost makes having a sick child enjoyable. Who am I kidding? I love the fact that he has taken naps for the past two days!

Haven't heard of the Kalingadongo? Ask my dad. He's the one who told me about it when I was growing up. I'm guessing he had a lot of experience with it.

The symptoms of Luke's Kalingadongo are persistent diarrhea and throwing up. The cause of it is unknown, but I have a gut feeling that it has something to do with his over consumption of milk or maybe from drinking old milk out of a sippy cup.

Luke doing the gallon challenge.

When I went to the doctor today about Luke's Kalingadongo, I asked him how much milk was too much for a 3 year old and he wouldn't answer the question. He just kept saying that he should drink 2%. Maybe I should have been more specific, "Is a half gallon a day too much milk for a 3 year old?"

Either way, I am trying to help Luke to cut back. It'll be a long road to recovery, but the first step is admitting that you have a problem and if anyone has a problem with drinking too much milk, it's definitely Luke.

6 comments:

  1. ever try getting a special cup for just water with ice? Penny thinks ice in her water is a huge treat!


    Charts help too..... 2 or 3 stickers a day (2 or 3 cups of milk) and once his chart is full he has to wait till the next day to do more stickers. My doctor said too much milk can cause mild to severe anemia....and I would consider a half gallon A LOT of milk for a 3 year old.


    google 'milk causing anemia'..... and you'll see a bunch of stuff about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! The kalingadongo is it coming out of both ends? I always thought the kalingadongo was having tape worms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew exactly what you meant when you said Kalingadongo. Poor Luke but Horray for not puking all over your carpet!! Throwing up milk is miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Luke would totally waste me in the Gallon Challenge! Just out of curiosity, where did the term "Kalingadongo" originate? It's much more convenient to have to say that you're throwing up and having diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, I meant to say it's much more convenient to NOT have to say you're throwing up and having diarrhea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a half gallon? Really? Thats crazy.....but not in a bad way. In a 'Oh my gosh?' kinda way. I'm sure its not bad if he takes a vitamin and gets other food sometimes. Kylee is on a sour dough bread kick right now (breakfast, lunch and even snack sometimes....). It all evens out in the end right? Good thing the child likes to move (otherwise so much bread might be a problem).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails