6.10.2009

HIT AND RUN

Today I stopped by someone's house to buy homemade tamales. When I backed up out of her driveway, I hit a parked car on the other side of the street. I blame it on the tamales.

It was inevitable. I have been driving this monster truck for a little over a year. Honestly, I can't believe it has taken me this long to hit something. Ugh. The best part is that the other person's car looked like this -


While my car looked like this -


In other words, my truck was undamaged. In fact, I hardly felt anything at the moment of impact. That's a little scary. I wonder how many cats, bikes, and landscaping I have killed/destroyed during the past year with my reckless driving. I'll never know.

When I came to the woman's door to tell her that I hit her car, she invited me in, held Charlie, and laughed. She couldn't believe that I didn't just drive away. Believe me, the thought of just driving away did cross my mind for about 2 seconds. However, if I did that then I would have probably had a warrant out for my arrest, or even worse, nothing to blog about.

So, the moral of the story is: Don't make your wife drive a monster truck. Or if you must, make sure you have really good auto insurance.

8 comments:

  1. That's great that the lady was so nice about it! I did the same kind of thing in a parking lot. My door flew open and waked off a persons rear view mirror. I thought we were being so nice and leaving a note with all our info. the person was still such a jerk about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned from a friend that if you hit a car and they aren't there and you leave a note, which I think is the right thing to do, make sure you take a picture of what happen, because my friend left a note and the person did more damage to the car to get her to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! Loved this post! Sorry you had a real life situation relating to damaged cars, but I enjoyed the post. :)

    BTW- I added you to my blog list:

    Homemaking Cottage: Sanity with Seven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the picture of the other car and all I could think about was how much it was going to cost to fix it. Claims is slowly taking over my life. I still say that is about $1500 - $2000 to fix, just you wait and see. I need help

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik- Buy buy your wife a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did THAT with our monster 'burb. I NEVER even saw the car! And I looked, I really really did. But it happened to be kids from my daughter's seminary class, and they just laughed. I hit the right front quarter panel, and the left front quarter panel was already missing - along with the right front blinker light cover. No police report, no insurance claim, nada.
    At least I know how to hit 'em!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANOTHER MORAL: ALWAYS have a camera with you EVERYWHERE you go so you can ALWAYS include pics in your blog and so your blog will win blog of the year award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you're driving the right vehicle! My mom hit too many mail boxes and light posts during my childhood to count. It became a family joke of sorts. She blamed the monster Econoline van and bad eye-sight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails