5.10.2009

MOVIE REVIEW: STAR TREK


This isn't so much of a movie review as it is a reminder to my husband that I do indeed really love him.

I hate Star Trek. Erik loves Star Trek. Despite this major opposition to our relationship, we somehow managed to get married. I remember fondly our early years living in Provo. We'd routinely be up late flipping channels and I'd always skip over the channel showing some reincarnation of Star Trek. Erik never remembered that it was on, but I knew exactly when it aired and on what channel. I was not going to take any chances. One time I goofed and he saw that it was on. I was forced to endure one whole hour of nerdom and dorky space jargon. Argh. The things I do for my husband.

So, when I told Erik that I would go see Star Trek with him, he was ecstatic... literally running around the house for the 30 minutes preceding the movie, singing the theme song at the top of his lungs and calling everyone he knew. It was kind of weird, but I was glad that he was happy. I was trying to imagine what kind of movie would make me as excited as he was, and the only thing I could think of was maybe a Sound of Music revival.

Anyhow, I survived the dorkfest, and... it wasn't that bad. In fact, I actually really liked it. Then again, J.J. Abrams could probably make a movie about a blank chalkboard and I would probably like that too. Erik, you're welcome.

Live long and prosper or whatever.

GRADE: A

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cristin, you know I feel ya. Trekkies...pfsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay- THAT was funny. The things we do for love. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty much the best "poster" I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the story of my life. Except, it's freakin awesome jet li movies with cool martial arts. Zach doesn't like it when I laugh during the movie. Doesn't that movie has Sylar in it? (from heros?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - an A-grade from an anti-fan. That says something! That movie might be worth going to see in the theater! (umm, naw, I'm too cheap - I'll buy it on video).

    (Hey hop on over to my blog and enter my little giveaway! I am doing the drawing tonight at 5 mp, pacific time!)
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cristin, you are a pretty awesome wife! I had no interest in seeing this movie, but I keep hearing from non-trekkies that it's pretty good... maybe I'll give it a whirl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails