5.29.2009

HE DOES IT AGAIN!

Do you remember my brother-in-law, Larry? Last year he wore a women's straw hat during our entire family reunion. Well, just when I thought he could not get any cooler, he did it again! On the eve of this week's Disneyland trip he went to the dollar store and bought a women's hat with a pirate print on it. I told him all he needed to do was to glue a Pirates of the Caribbean logo on the front and folks would pay $20 for it on the Disneyland black market.

I love how Larry doesn't care if it's a women's hat or if it looks like a flowered print from far away. All he cares about are affordability and comfort. Seriously, Larry makes the rest of us look like fashion conscious snobs. I just wish I could have gotten a picture with him in the neon green sunglasses he bought too.

Good luck, Larry. I don't know how you're going to outdo yourself next year! I can't wait to find out.

6 comments:

  1. Trine is one lucky woman!! What does your fashionista sister Kelly think of this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all wish we were more like that? My favorite part is that he really doesn't care what you or I or anyone else thinks and that makes him all the "cooler". I love you Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying. Especially how you drew arrows pointing to his hat, like it's not obvious who has the hideous hat on! Silly husband...the more I show distaste for something he's wearing, the more he revels in wearing it. I've had to learn to just ignore...and take matters into my hands, I definitely know what he's getting for Father's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for him for being so confident!!! Talk about having great self esteem! Way to go, Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Larry, the one in the pictures. I'm feeling pretty flattered right now you posted about me even though it was to show my feminine hats. Sometimes I hope that wearing women's pirate hats will catch on and I start a trend but I know those things take time so we've just got to wait and see...
    It takes a nice family to say words like confidence and self esteem instead of cheapskate and super dork so thanks for being so great. FYI-the straw one cost $1.50 and the black pearl cost $.99! Treasures.
    Larry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails