5.27.2009

FINISHED THE MARATHON


I did it. I ran my marathon. Now, I am done. I never have to run again.

Funny thing, though. 5k's really aren't that hard. I wasn't even sore afterwards and I didn't feel like I was going to throw up. I didn't push myself either. Maybe this is because I train at 4,000 feet and the run was at 700 feet. Or maybe it is because 29:50 isn't exactly record speed if you know what I mean.

So, I have decided to run another 5k on the 4th of July. (Or another "marathon" as I like to call them.) I like 5k's because they sound longer than they really are.

One thing I failed to mention in my last post about running was that we did this race as part of our family reunion. This picture is only a fraction of the 77 or so of us that were there to do the race.


If you are ever looking for an event to do at your family's reunion, I highly recommend doing a 5k. Like I said, it's easy enough that everyone can participate in some way. Whether it be walking, pushing a stroller, or slowly jogging (like me!) Plus, it's very motivating to work hard to not embarrass yourself in front of your family.

12 comments:

  1. Did you cut Charlie's hair?? Congratulations Cristin! Wow, it took me a minute and then I realized that all the people in that picture are only Erik's immediate family. There's so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik needs a smaller shirt I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Trine and Larry! I hope all that training Trine and I did helped her out. Love your blog Cristin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! ya- I too was going to comment that Charlie got his hair buzzed off! I would love to do a marathon(5k marathon) too! although I'm already walking about that much everyday (when you get here you will see why) but good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5k are the perfect distance... Short enough to enjoy! Running is so addictive! Once you do a race you always want to do more! I'm glad you are findng time to train... That is the tricky part when you have kids. Congrats on your "marathon"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! We finished our mini-marathon on Monday as well. Nice job! It feels good to have it done with, doesn't it? I'm just glad to know I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! And running races becomes addictive, don't you think. Endorfin addiction can be a good thing! And I think it's great idea for a family reunion. Most of my family has been working this past year to be in better shape, so maybe I'll suggest it for ours in August. Cool! Thanks!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I happened upon your blog from Mormon
    Mommy blogs. The picture from your 5k looked familiar. The setting seemed familiar. Then I looked at your shirts. The Beecroft! I was there. It was great to have over 200 people there celebrating memorial
    day and remembering 29 years of Beecroft races. One of which my husband won. Congratulations on completing the race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't you glad you married into such a wonderful family? I can't help but notice how THAT side makes for such wholesome blog posts. If the worst behavior you can find is that your brother-in-law buys cheap women's hats, then it should be smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on you 5k, your new marathon should be the Big Sur 1/2 Marathon...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails