4.15.2009

NO SEXTING ON THIS PHONE

I got my "new" phone in the mail today. It's about time. I've been using Erik's old phone with a broken screen. Since I can't see who's calling me, I pick up each call. Once I activate my "new" phone I can go back to screening my calls and using Slydial to return calls. Then I will never have to talk to anyone ever again.

So, are you ready for this? For a point of reference, this is Erik's phone -
This is my phone -


I know, it's very sexy. (The antenna is the funniest part.)

See, here's the deal: I signed a 2 year contract with Verizon 3 years ago. That contract is now month to month. I don't want to sign another 2 year contract. Apparently, their cell phones are programmed to self-destruct around the 2 year mark so that you are pressured into entering into another 2 year contract to get a "great deal" on a phone. I found this one on Ebay for $30 (including shipping!) So, yeah, take that Verizon!

The only downside to sticking it to the Man is that I have to have a dorky cell phone. Of course, if I ever really want to look cool, I'll just hold up my iPod Touch to my ear and pretend to talk into it.

It's so hard being this unmaterialistic.

10 comments:

  1. cristin, that phone you just got came out in 2004! do you realize how old a 5 year old phone is??!!! And it's big too! I remember selling that phone. It was the "cadilac of all phones" at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's okay--mine is even older :) But I can make calls and receive them. What else matters? (besides wanting a newer, cooler one?) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you got a bum deal. But hey, you have an iPod touch---that's still better than me!

    Kelley's comments always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use your new cell phone with pride, girl! You are recycling... saving the world. Single-handedly changing lives...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I have always had hand me down phones until recently. Now I have a cool touch phone and I just keep having problems with it freezing. I think it's better just to stick with the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bring up a great point about phones not making beyond two years--almost to the exact date! What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a good wife Cristin, if my hubby got an iphone I would be demanding one too! You deserve to buy yourself something nice for saving money by sticking it to the Man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - wait I think I had that phone before - lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is hilarious, only b/c I had the very oldest cel phone around until I finally got my bootie in gear and upgraded last fall. now, my husband (the technojunkie) wants to get me an Iphone, but I'm a slow adapter and don't want to spend the extra $200 to upgrade 1 yr early.

    Ahhh, the if only we lived in a free-cel-phone-world!

    PS: found you on Mormon Mommy blogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha :)

    girl... atleast you have a REAL celphone... i only have a prepaid TRACfone :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails