4.13.2009

I WANT CANDY

I love candy. This is all my mother's fault. When I was a kid she would make us do weird things like drink Hot Carob instead of Hot Chocolate and trick-or-treat for UNICEF. So, obviously, I want the forbidden stuff. Today has been torture for me. I have been staring at this bag of Easter candy all day. Why do I want to eat something that is a) so bad for me and b) will make me feel sick?

I reviewed the nutritional facts on the See's Chocolate Butter Egg that I just consumed (excuse me while I pick chocolate flakes off of the keyboard) - 270 calories, 140 of which are fat. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I'll eat another one.

Easter was great. Here are some random pictures.

Erik and the kids. Yup, this is why we don't have a lot of family pictures.

Me and the kids. We'll blame their inability to sit still on the candy.

I love this picture. Luke and his cousin, Wyatt, actually get along really well. When we say things like, "Wyatt, put your arm around Luke for the picture!" He puts him in a headlock and smiles big.

I can't remember the last time I posted a video of myself on here (it's always the kids), but I haven't had this much fun in a long time. As I said, I LOVE CANDY.



I hope your Easter was wonderful too!

9 comments:

  1. Wyatt is such a total ham. That pose is great. I like your Easter egg hunting style. You're my HERO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you like candy that much. Well I did give you a lot for your birthday but I assumed you would just give it all to Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can relate. Not only have I sworn off sweets for six months (since Christmas), but I am now competing in a Biggest Losers challenge. This week has sucked. I can't stand looking at all the candy I'll never be able to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who loves candy, you look pretty dang good, Cristin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the easter bunny ears picture. that's one for when they get older. love the attempts at a fam picture.

    and i especially love the stuffing of the bra with easter eggs. totally something i would do at a family function. 10 pts for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'm never competing against you in an Easter egg hunt Cristin! I like the pictures with the kids, totally captures the moment :) They look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great having you here for Easter! Those family memories will last a long, long time! I know what you mean about loving candy! I'm still struggling myself...I didn't even have an Easter basket (dad and I gave ours to you kids...are we thoughtful :-) but I find myself snitching some every day from Hans' basket hoping he won't catch me. Today I have a heavy duty headache....can't imagine why????? Soon it will be gone and then I can go through withdrawals....AGAIN!
    Love, mom lassen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot carob instead of hot cocoa? is there therapy for that? (maybe blogging! ;)

    I love candy, too, and blog about it quite often, especially the chocolate stuff.

    Btw, I love your blog title and header, so clever, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You didn't put those eggs back did you? lol

    and....i must say...you are skinny minny

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails