3.14.2009

MEET UNCLE VAK


The greatest toy in the whole world is...


I feel like I have been searching my whole life for this type of thing - something that will entertain my 2 year old for hours at a time and stimulate his imagination. It's only been 3 months since Luke received the Geotrax set from my parents for Christmas and I honestly can't remember how we spent our time before this lovely toy entered our lives.

Although Geotrax is just a basic train set, you can keep adding on to it by purchasing more track sets, trains and buildings. Now when I feel the urge to buy a DVD for my kids I just invest the money into more Geotrax stuff. In 3 months we have added 2 trains and 2 track sets to our original set, and I don't regret it one bit. These toys are very durable and well-made. I'm a little worried because Erik and I like playing with them too. (We're obviously not the only adults who like Geotrax. Check out this You Tube video of a great track layout.)

Luke loves his Geotrax trains so much that he sneaks out to play with them almost every night after we have put him to bed. When I want to take a nap in the afternoon, Luke keeps himself occupied by playing with his trains. Just in case I have not been clear, these trains are an excellent purchase.

My Brother-in-Law, Vaktung ("Vak")

His original Geotrax set came with these little people. I realized last month that Luke was calling one of them "Uncle Vak." I assumed it was this guy -

No. Luke calls this guy, "Yvonne."

Then I thought it might be one of these guys -

No. He calls these guys, "Keats" and "Jose."

Meet Luke's Uncle Vak -


When I asked him if this Uncle Vak was a boy or a girl, he said, "She's a boy!"

14 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!! Oh I'm laughing so hard! I can't wait to show this to Vak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Okay so are the other names real or did you just make those up? She does resemble Vak quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne is looking a bit burly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fisher price was actually giving away free Geo Trax DVDs to feed the fire a little while ago. Paul watched his about 3 times a day for a month! Trains are definitely the cool thing for these little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great!! Definitely one of those super funny parenting moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA; this is so great. I love when kids don't understand gender. I have this one friend who was teaching English in China and one of the boys wanted to change his name to Janica (my friend's name - she's a girl). It was pretty funny for her to try to explain to him that Janica was a girl's name and he couldn't change his name to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is 1:19 am right now and Garrett and I are laughing out heads off. This one ranks clear up there with the "Charlie bit me" post. p.s. Garrett has recruited 2 of his accounting friends to your blog. They now check it regularly and think you are hillarious. Be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Vak is a very cute "boy."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traditional stereotypical gender roles are overrated. Way to go, Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah she is very husky just like the real vak.. that is SOoo funny.. oh yeah Where has Luke heard the names Yvonne and josie?? funny

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHA!!! oh man that is hilarious!! Hey at least Luke thinks about Vak enough to name one of his toys after him (despite that fact that it is a woman...) I would love to hear Vak's reaction to this... and ditto to Kaci's comment, where did Luke come up with Yvonne and Jose? That's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so funny. And it's a really cool racetrack. Our nephew calls both his grandparents Joan: "Grandma Joan" and "Grandpa Joan."

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is hilarious! Where did he come up with the other names? How funny. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails