3.26.2009

HAROLD AND MAUDE

Charlie and Alcoholly, March 2009

Alcoholly has been telling me for a few months that her psychiatrist is "interested" in her. I assumed she meant that he was "interested" in her as a peculiar patient until she started saying things like, "I know you don't want to hear these things about your grandmother, but I am a woman, darling."

Today she told me that her psychiatrist can not see her very often because it is "far too agonizing" for him. "As long as I am his patient, we can not have a relationship," she sighed wistfully.

I didn't say anything. The whole conversation was becoming too strange, even for my grandmother.

When I got off the phone with her, I looked up a picture of her psychiatrist to see how old he was.

The Lucky Doctor

What do you think? Maybe 35 years old? My grandmother is 80.

So, like me, you are probably laughing. As if a 35 year old man would be in love with an 80 year old woman! HA! However, what if this doctor is indeed in love with Alcoholly? Crazier things have happened. Do I have a duty to report his unethical behavior? Should I advise her to seek a different psychiatrist?

Harold and Maude sharing a passionate kiss.

Best of luck to my grandmother and the young doctor. It's a little too Harold and Maude if you ask me.

9 comments:

  1. I just can't believe that Lolly is actually wearing something modest in that photo! BOTH the skirt falls below her knees and the top shows NO CLEAVAGE. wow. ya, this story sounds fishy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post to Tyler. We were laughing so hard we almost Lizzed. We were talking and it totally reminds us of the movie that was in the episode of The Office, with Jack Black and Cloris Leachman. SO FUNNY.... Best of luck to Alcoholly and her new lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your posts about Alcoholly! I agree, the outfit in the picture is pretty modest...is this an outfit she wears to her appointments? Maybe then the 35 yr old may have some interest?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    This is a great blog of yours, Your site is very informative and I can relate to your posts. I'm also a housewife. I have just started my own blog: TheShanghaiExpat. Please feel free to visit and let me know what you think for a link exchange.

    Cheers,
    Nikou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how to quit blogging about your grandmother without disappointing her fans. I can now pass the torch to you without guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why does this remind me of Jack Black...I know I've seen something like this recently...

    Oh! Just read your comments. That's right. It's just as disturbing now as it was on the Office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think, that when he said,"It;s just far too agonizing" he means, she drives him CRAZY and he can't see her as often as she wants! How would you feel if she was your patient!!? Unfortunitey, Lollie takes everything he says in a different way. You need to watch the movie, He love me, He loves me not. It's french. Really. You need to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. I had a history teacher who MADE us watch this movie when I was in high school. I still remember it. The whole class was like, "WHAT?!" SO DISGUSTING. And truly appalling to watch.

    As for the relationship between your grandmother and her doctor, I just don't even know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOA the most clothes I have ever seen her wear!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails