3.12.2009

FRUMP NO MORE

I aspire to a lot of things... a clean house, well behaved children... but the thing that has been on my mind the most today is that I no longer want to be frumpy when I go to the beach.

May 2008
I am the frumpy one on the far left.


I was looking through last summer's pictures and while there aren't many of me, from what I can find, it's embarrassing. My clothes don't match and I rarely wear a bathing suit to the beach. I want to change that this year. There are no excuses. I'm not pregnant and I didn't "just" have a baby. I can afford to buy a new bathing suit and a matching cover up. (I better be careful what I write or people are going to expect great things when they see me at the beach.)

Bathing suit shopping ranks right up there with being around dogs, public speaking and childbirth for me. (All things that I don't like doing, but I know are completely necessary.) Whenever I try on bathing suits in the store I always stare at that sticker on the inside of the bathing suit's crotch warning you to keep your underwear on and wonder how many people really obey. Then I am grossed out and I go home with no bathing suit. I have not bought a new bathing suit in 4 years.

So this year, I am doing it online. I will just keep ordering and returning suits until one works. When I find the one for me, I will buy 3 in different colors in that style. (I'm not joking.)

So here is bathing suit #1 -



One of the reviews for this one said -
"The suit is fine but if you are even slightly bigger than average you will end up looking like Grimace from Mcdonalds."

In case you forgot, this is Grimace.

Bathing suit #1 arrives in the mail sometime this week. I'm trusting that my husband will let me know if it passes the Grimace Test.

13 comments:

  1. The Grimace test! LOL!

    I think it's a darling suit. I'd recommend Lands End suits. You can customize them and they have a measurements section so you can get a better idea of fit. They also have symbols to show which suits flatter which body shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny.
    I hate swimsuit shopping as well, it is the worst. I like that swimsuit.

    I LOVE the swimsuits from Modbe. They are really awesome. I love the one that I got a couple of years ago. They are long tankinis I am going to try to throw a Modbe swimsuit party, just so I can try them on and buy one that I like. I will let you know when I am going to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to write what Candace did. It literally took me years to find one I loved (or even liked). I finally did at Modbe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like this, it's cute! And I highly doubt that you will look like Grimace, you are not even close to "slightly bigger than average" :) I also really like Victoria's Secret swimsuits, they are pretty figure flattering and not too expensive if you get it on sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since when is being around dogs necessary? Just wondering. I also love Victoria's Secret bathing suits, they have a lot of really cute tankinis and a few one pieces. Good luck with the search! (I am dreading getting a new suit too!)
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the swim suit! You better make sure and post to let us know if it passed the Grimace test (which I'm sure it will)! And for the record, I've NEVER thought of YOU to be frumpy! I do know what you're talking about though. I see pics of myself and I always think, "What were you thinking Anie- that looks awful!" I definitely have a bad case of frumpitist (if that's a word). Spencer and I always talk about the clothes that we'll get someday when we have money. It's even worse in the cold, cause I just pile on layer after layer, making me look very, VERY FAT and FRUMPY!!! So, what'd you do for swim suits when you were pregnant? I seem to have that problem this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know who the other people were who are in the beach picture with you, but I think you look better than most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHHGG NOOO that is NOT the good swim suit!!! well NOT the one I was telling you about.. I really don't think you are going to like that one.. you need to get the BLACK swim dress that has a full skirt attached and really does cover your butt. It is really flatering and will cover your boobs.. this one WONT and WONT cover your butt... ANYWAY listen to me!!! I will try to find it and show you.. it looks better on then when you see the picture. and I had Dad cut off that stupid silver ring

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, Candace, I will not join your pyramid scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously I shopped for two weeks straight every minute off I had to go to targets, walmarts, nordstrom rack, dillards, macys, nordstrom, marshalls, EVERY online store, and all those other stupid stores in the mall. "everything but water" YES it REALLY does have EVERYTHING but water... but will take everything from your bank account.. super expensive.. anyway WALMART has a couple of cute suits.. and some of them ONLY 12 BUCKS each piece (tankinis I'm talking) but if you don't see anything good at your walmart, you might have to go to another- I had to go to three different ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the one I put on my blog! and what is with kaci and covering the butt??? she's like, "AHHHH! Your butt will be exposed!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will rock the suit and put everyone on the beach to shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firstly, I don't think you looked frumpy in that picture, and secondly, I don't think anyone else looked particularly glamourous...

    Anyway, let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails