2.06.2009

SORRY, CHARLIE

I saw this onesie yesterday and laughed really hard. When Luke was a baby, I really did rock him all night long. I had a 20 minute repertoire of lullabies I would sing him, once in French and again in English. Many afternoons at home were just spent sitting in the rocking chair, holding him in my arms, for literally hours.

Poor Charlie. He really has gotten the raw end of the deal. After I nurse him, his going to sleep routine consists of a 30 second song and rocking him for no longer than 3 minutes, tops. It's not that I'm depriving my child on purpose, I just don't have time anymore to rock a baby all night long.


I am also guilty of keeping Charlie home quite a bit. Since he's still taking two naps, I avoid taking him anywhere if I don't have to. Yesterday I left him with a friend, so that I could take Luke to the zoo. I thought, "Charlie's so little, he won't care about the zoo." Then I remembered that when Luke was Charlie's age we took him to the zoo and we were shocked when our 9 month old didn't care about the animals. (First time parents can be really idiots sometimes... like us.)

As if it couldn't get any worse, Charlie is constantly being kicked in the face and pushed by Luke. This morning, Charlie was standing next to Luke while he was eating breakfast. Luke very quietly leaned over, spit all over Charlie's head and started laughing.

As we often say in our house -

13 comments:

  1. ohh it's so true. our poor second children. my oldest's nighttime routine takes a good 35 minutes and i have to stay in her room until she is almost asleep. call it 4 years of doing that before baby #2 comes along. our second it's like rock rock rock for 3 songs, give her loves, tuck her in, turn on her music and bam it's over... about 10 minutes. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless his little heart! I dont dare say anything else since I am an oldest child ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....poor Charlie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelley and I always say, "Poor Charlie!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you went to the zoo behind your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah poor Charlie. He really should be the one getting the rewards since he is the nice one who actually behaves in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a second child, I know how he feels. But I'm pretty sure he'll get over it. I did. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that bit about Luke spitting in his face is just hilarious. I will be laughing about that all day, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How come I never noticed that Charlie is a mini-me of Eric! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, Charlie is very "well behaved"... Kaci's comments always make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  11. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only mom who rocks my baby for what seems like forever at night... granted it is my first, we'll see what happens with #2... Charlie looks like a happy kid, I'm sure he has no idea that he get's treated any differently than Luke :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s... where did you see the onesie to buy? I showed it to my mom and she thought it was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber - They sell that onesie at Target!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails