1.26.2009

TOP OF THE WORLD

Accident Free Days Since Beginning Potty Training - ONE (Today!)

I am so proud of my little boy and grateful for all of your helpful suggestions. I took Misty's advice and decided to persevere with the potty training despite several accidents. We went cold turkey on the diapers (except for bedtime). I was nervous, however, about taking Luke out in public. So when we were gone running errands all day on Friday, I took Lisa's advice and stuck a diaper over the underwear. Brilliant! Fortunately, Luke didn't have an accident while we were gone all day, but it did make things a lot less stressful for me.

I soon noticed that his accidents were limited only to poop, so I bought the ultimate bribe -

When I showed it to him, I told him that he would receive one piece of the set every time he successfully went poop in the toilet. Within minutes he tore his pants off and ran to sit on the toilet. For the past 3 days it has been sitting on top of our refrigerator. Luke paces back and forth asking for it. Today he finally went poop in the toilet and we gave him the engine to the train. He was one happy little kid.

Yay for no accidents today!!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! With Annabella we had to finally go cold turkey to and guess what?... it workes better that way who would've thought right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Luke!

    We're not starting with Owen until summer. It's too cold here. However, I keep talking about going poop on the potty and he keeps informing me that the potty is scary. Yesterday he did poop on his floor though, is that a start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the potty! Look at that picture! It is just a little version of you sitting on the couch next to Erik. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! It's great to be potty trained. You only have to buy diapers for one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a magical day! Congrats to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Luke didn't notice when you put the diaper over the underwear?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Luke!!!! Very cool Cristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I got a prize every time I pooped on a toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very exciting. You just have to find out what really motivates them. Once Eli made his mind up he was good to go (even through the night). It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah for Luke! and for mommy for hanging in there! Gramma is so happy for all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now all you need to do is teach him how to use a plunger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture. I think it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can oly imagine how good that must feel to have only one child in diapers! Oh wait I can imagine and it is fabulous! I'm so happy for you!
    Oh, and sorry Jared is coming to crash at your place next week. He is excited to see Eric but I'm a little worried about what kind of evil plans they will come up with! (at least we know that have already tried the America's Cup dream, so it won't be that one:o)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. its a glorious day when your kid starts doing what you want- congrats! oh and i agree with Camilles comment :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails