1.12.2009

SOCK PUPPETS

Here's another bizarre Young Women's Activity brought to you by Sister Crisco -

I'm not crafty at all. I don't even own a glue gun. To actually make something goes a little past my skill set. So, after numerous calls and emails, I located enough glue guns, fabric scissors and scrap fabric to make SOCK PUPPETS with the Mia Maids!

(Bear with me, it's almost been 2 years, I'm getting desperate for activities.)

Strange thing is, this was probably one of the best class activities we've ever had. (Yes, even better than the Modest Barbie Fashion Show or Glow in the Dark Basketball.)

Despite the end products being... so-so... we all had fun gluing fabric on to socks. Surprise, surprise.
Yo- ho! The Pirate!

The Creepy Clown

Cinderella

To make this a service project, I thought, "Hey, we'll go in the nursery and play with the kids for 10 minutes with our sock puppets." That was a total bomb. The kids could care less. So then we went to the Sunbeams (the 3 year old class), which was a little more entertaining, except that the scary puppet really scared a little boy and I'm probably going to get a concerned call from his mom. Then we attacked the 4 year old class in the hall with our sock puppets. That went okay. So, if you decide to do this activity, I would suggest avoiding the nursery, and sticking to 3 and 4 year olds. The only downside was the strange looks we got from people at church while talking to socks on our hands.

How to make sock puppets is found here.

7 comments:

  1. cute idea!! Definitely give you props for creativity...Although I'm not really seeing the Cinderella resemblance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I hope you were being reverent during all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson is really jealous you didn't come to his class. How do I know? Um. . .HE LOVES PUPPETS!! I think it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this is another good idea for you: http://www.amazon.com/Stupid-Sock-Creatures-Lovable-Cast-off/dp/1579906109 I saw it in Barnes and Noble and couldn't stop laughing about it. You could donate them to a children's hospital or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'll bet the girls love you. I imagine it would be hard to come up with great activities all the time. Good to see that 'simple' can still be a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cristin.. During CHURCH on sunday!?? oh my

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails