1.28.2009

PRIVACY

Potty training is still the focal point of my life right now. Everything else is just fluff.

Most books and things online suggest that "if you are comfortable" with this, let your child watch you use the bathroom. HA! Privacy!

These books act as if I'm not already frequently holding a crying baby in my arms while I use the toilet. (Gross, I know, but don't act like you haven't done it before too.) Why would I risk leaving a 2 year old and 9 month old, ALONE, together, just to do something petty like use the bathroom? You mean my bedroom and bathroom have a door? This I was not aware of.

I would love to visit the mystical land referenced in these potty training books. It is a place where parents have privacy to use the bathroom and get dressed. These people in the books obviously are able to take long relaxing showers without a toddler present.

Not that I'm complaining or anything... I love being around my kids when I'm trying to take a shower or go to the bathroom. (60-40) I recently talked to a woman who told me she signed up for a gym membership just because they had a babysitting service that would allow her to take as long as a shower as she wanted. You know it's bad when you would rather take a 30 minute shower in a gym than have to try showering in the privacy of your home with your small children.

10 comments:

  1. Do these people have children?!!! Some of my daughter's favorite games are to watch me shower (we have a glass door) and to play peek-a-boo while I'm going to the bathroom. They just want to be with you, WHEREever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true... I once had to go #2 so bad that I did it while I was nursing Chandler. Sick. Before I had a kid I would have sworn I would never do something so repulsive... it's amazing how your outlook changes when you have a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what going to the bathroom alone is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, I can't take anymore toilet talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Especially Amber. Ew. Not that I'm above that or anything, but still ew. Well, keep up the good work Cristin, it'll pay off soon (we hope) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this is great. Just like Amber, I have definitely had to go to the bathroom WAY too bad to wait until nursing was done. Who lives in a world where their kids are not already exposed to such sights?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting that, at this stage in our lives, my wife often comments that she'd like to go back to the time our kids were little! They're now 26, 23, 21, and 15... Hang in there! You're not just changing diapers, you're changing the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I am in heaven if I get to go to the bathroom or shower by myself. Lizette is really into helping me when I am on the toilet. I let her wipe my knee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with ya on the potty training stuff although I'm just dreaming, I wish you some good luck. You scared me. I thought you were going private and I was like...NOT ANOTHER ONE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails