1.06.2009

HOW TO TAKE SMALL CHILDREN TO DISNEYLAND

I took Luke and Charlie to Disneyland yesterday, without my husband. (It's official, I'm a masochist.) So, since I'm obviously an expert after only one visit, here's my list of tips -

1. A busy 8 month old baby has no business being at Disneyland. Do not bring your 8 month old. There is nowhere for that baby to crawl around or a quiet place to nap. He will be clingy and want to nurse every time you hold him. He could care less about the rides and people. Bring him back when he can walk and strap a harness on him.

2. Do a survey of your children's clothing before you leave for Disneyland. I noticed that Luke's feet were literally sticking out of the end of his shoes while we were walking around the park. Not good. This picture does not do the holes justice.


3. Going with kids the same age as your kid is a really good idea. Luke loved Disneyland because he got to go on rides with his cousins. I didn't use the harness with Luke because the boys would keep each other occupied. It just didn't seem necessary. It was very nice. I wish Luke's cousins could come with us every time.

4. I was against bringing the double stroller. but I will do it again. It holds a lot of stuff and it allows me to push both of the kids by myself.


5. Anything you find stupid, your 2 year old will love. Huge animated characters (Luke couldn't stop staring in awe at Woody), cheesy rides, animatronic elephants, etc. Going to Disneyland is definitely different with kids, that's for sure!

10 comments:

  1. For your next trip, I am pretty sure there is a quiet place for you to nurse Charlie and maybe even nap (not totally sure about the nap part). MY friend told me about the baby center that Disneyland has at the end of Main Street. I have yet to take advantage of it, but I guess they are very strict about who they allow in that bathroom/area. Workers are constantly in there cleaning it after each use and only a parent with a small child is even allowed in. You should look into that next time you go. Glad you didn't have to use the leash...I am not a fan of them. Looks like Luke enjoyed himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Luke had a blast!

    At least you had help though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still debating the "right time to take Paul to disneyland" question in my head. I think I'll try after he's 8. Right now even taking him to the zoo is dubious fun. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Luke is funny how he is just staring at Woody and won't turn around to take the picture. AND WHAT IN THE WORLD is wrong with his SHOES?? Goodness Every Christmas and BIrthday I'm only giving LUke shoes, those are horrible

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I MUST HAVE WALKED BY WOODY AND HIS SUPER-SHORT GIRLFRIEND 10 TIMES YESTERDAY! I can't believe I missed you.

    2. March, for almost sure!

    3. I went with kids, and couldn't agree more about your last point. I knew it would be a little less adventuresome, but Autopia? Seriously? Who likes Autopia? A six year old and a three year old, that's who.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a complete expert either but I do take my kids to Disneyland at least once a week, sometimes twice and couldn't agree with you more. Kids like the silliest things. Like The Tiki Room and of course anything toy story. Next time you go and you need to nurse check out the baby center on Main Street in Disneyland and next to the tortilla factory in California Adventure. There are quiet places inside to nurse and feed the little ones. There are also toddler restrooms inside and just a little quiet area to relax and let the kids take a breather. I just sent out your dvd yesterday. It was too crazy last week. Glad to hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh almost forgot the baby center in California Adventure is so quiet that your son could actually nap there for an hour or so. Also I couldn't do it without my double stroller. It's a must!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a great trip! There is nothing better than going to Disneyland with little ones. We go about twice per month on average.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it takes a couple of trips... but going with two little ones is definitely manageable with two little ones! if you are looking for somewhere for them to run around try the redwood challenge trail in CA adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i like that stroller.. i have 3 kids.. what is it called, where can i buy it and how much was it? thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails