I took Luke and Charlie to Disneyland yesterday, without my husband. (It's official, I'm a masochist.) So, since I'm obviously an expert after only one visit, here's my list of tips -
1. A busy 8 month old baby has no business being at Disneyland. Do not bring your 8 month old. There is nowhere for that baby to crawl around or a quiet place to nap. He will be clingy and want to nurse every time you hold him. He could care less about the rides and people. Bring him back when he can walk and strap a harness on him.
2. Do a survey of your children's clothing before you leave for Disneyland. I noticed that Luke's feet were literally sticking out of the end of his shoes while we were walking around the park. Not good. This picture does not do the holes justice.
3. Going with kids the same age as your kid is a really good idea. Luke loved Disneyland because he got to go on rides with his cousins. I didn't use the harness with Luke because the boys would keep each other occupied. It just didn't seem necessary. It was very nice. I wish Luke's cousins could come with us every time.
4. I was against bringing the double stroller. but I will do it again. It holds a lot of stuff and it allows me to push both of the kids by myself.
5. Anything you find stupid, your 2 year old will love. Huge animated characters (Luke couldn't stop staring in awe at Woody), cheesy rides, animatronic elephants, etc. Going to Disneyland is definitely different with kids, that's for sure!