1.25.2009

DVD REVIEW: LARS AND THE REAL GIRL


Here's the story of how I lost 2 hours of my life:

Lars and the Real Girl is about this guy who pretends that a doll is his girlfriend. The entire town enables his strange behavior by playing along with him. At the end, the doll dies, the town throws a funeral for the doll, and Lars hooks up with his equally mentally handicapped co-worker. The End.

See. Now you don't have to waste your time watching this movie.

For those of you that have seen it, I spent a lot of time wondering -

How did this movie get 81% on Rotten Tomatoes?
How can Lars' company afford to employ so many idiots?
This kind of thing would never happen in a big city.
We should move to a big city to insure this never happens.
That doll's face is definitely changing during the movie.
Is it over yet?

It was a shame that so many great actors were trapped in this stupid movie. Even worse is that I will never get those 2 hours back. They are gone. Forever.

GRADE: D

6 comments:

  1. LOL - thanks for the review :) I was wondering about this movie!

    P.S. Who won the cd? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't I tell you not to rent it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEah, that was a weird movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, that's funny because I actually LIKED this movie. Not a ton and not own or watch over and over, but I enjoyed seeing it the once. I thought the concept was really interesting, there were some really funny parts, and it was well acted, especially by ryan gosling. it wasn't what I expected, but it was different...any ways, I would have given it a B or B-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about this movie yesterday while I was preparing dinner. Kyle and I saw this, but we watched it for free so I wasn't too ticked when I realised it was lame.

    I did, however, like the cinematography. It made me forget--for two hours--that snow sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i LOVED this movie. i seriously thought it was so sweet. i went with a bunch of folks from my singles ward and we all loved it. and not to sound pathetic but maybe it's because we can all see how being super lonely could lead you to going a little nutso.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails