10.08.2008

I'M GOING VIRAL!

It is hard for me to get excited about the upcoming presidential election. I am voting for McCain more out of a sense of duty to conservative ideas, rather than because I actually like the guy. Whenever I hear the two main party candidates speak, I try to envision either one as president and it's not easy. I can't believe this is the best we have to choose from.

With that being said, I am encouraging everyone to still go out and vote. It's our duty and right as citizens to do so. People who are allowed to vote and don't, are idiots. That's the nicest way I can think of to say that.

In addition to the presidential election, for those in California, your support of Proposition 8 on November 4th is extremely important. Be sure that those living in California or those California residents living out of state are registered to vote by October 20th.

For everyone, regardless of whether or not you live in California, Republican or Democrat, there are many things you can do to show your support for traditional marriage, including:

- Post this widget or this picture on the sidebar of your blog.
- Buy a Yes on Proposition 8 onesie for your baby! (Just kidding. 60-40)
- Leave non-confrontational comments in support of the traditional definition of marriage on blogs and websites.

Really, you may think that your blog doesn't get a lot of hits, but what you post does matter. You can reach more people on the internet in a day than by going door-to-door for a week. Here's a good example: Remember my Prop 8 fiasco? My harmless post about going door to door got picked up by this much more widely read website.

This is too important of an issue to not participate in some way. We have less than 4 weeks, so, GO TEAM!

7 comments:

  1. Even though I'm from CA, I moved away years ago, got married, changed my name, & am thus no longer registered to vote there. I had the moral dilemma of deciding whether I wanted to commit voter fraud to stand up for my morals & decided it probably wasn't the most upstanding thing to do...

    Thank you for the link to the sidebar images! I just changed my profile picture on Facebook to that to try to reach as many of my CA-registered friends as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy the onesie, but it's really overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the choice of candidates. I have a bad taste in my mouth for both of them. . .
    As Matt said, "Where's Ross Perot when you need him?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read (or listen to, in Obama's own voice) Dreams From My Father. Look at his voting record, esp. re. the fate of babies that survive botched abortions. Watch some Rev. Wright sermons on YouTube. Then we can talk about that bad taste in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me sad that it comes to voting for the man you dislike less, but I have to agree--I'm going Republican on this one, more because of my conservative stand than because I like McCain. But the proposition 8 going in California is also on the Ballot here in Arizona, as Proposition 102, and I've found myself trying to tell as many people as possible to get out there and let your voice be heard! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this- one of my biggest pet peeves is people who complain about the way the country is run but refuse to go out and vote! In my opinion you have no leg to stand on if you don't do your part to make a difference. Also, if you live in Arizona Prop 102 is the same as California's Prop 8- they need your vote too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails