10.13.2008

I'LL TELL YOU MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

As I have mentioned before, we are trying to do the cash system. That means that I have a set amount of cash in an envelope for groceries each month and when the money is gone - it's gone. We eat meat for almost every meal, so I go crazy when there is any sort of sale on beef, chicken or fish at the grocery store. I stock up and then come up with grand plans about how I am going to make that meat go as far as possible.

Of course, this works only up to a certain point... especially when I ruin 2 days worth of meat by overcooking it or marinading it in something "experimental."

A perfect example of how I ruin meat.


So, here's my secret way to turn the ruined meat into something edible -

TACOS

I have discovered that regardless of how bad you overcooked or screwed up the meat the previous day, the leftovers work great inside tacos. Bad marinade? Disguise it with some taco seasoning and pile on the salsa. Not a lot of meat, mix it with some beans and rice. Tacos work well because you can chop up the meat into small, unrecognizable pieces and mix it with some onion. That could be cat meat for all your family knows, but they won't care because a little cheese and salsa cure everything.


If you don't believe me, try it. Chop up cat meat, fry it up with some onion, put it in half the tacos. In the remaining tacos, put the leftover overcooked pork and some fried onions. Your family will eat both and not be able to tell the difference. (60-40, people, 60-40!)

6 comments:

  1. Funny, I made a comment on Sunday about our "60/40" thing in our family. Anyway though, yeah I do that sometimes too. but I have to say I think that chicken looks kind of good.. you know there is something in the food world as "blackend" sooo if you ever do that, act like its on purpose and say I made "blackend chicken" or "blackend fish"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats funny that Kaci said that becuase I was thinking the same thing- that chicken looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious!

    What's the secret ingredient? Uh, uh....cat meat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing with roast this week! Tacos, here we come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I go to the grocery store I want to buy a rotisserie chicken soo badly but Zach hates them!! That chicken looks really yummy!! p.s. I think I would tell the difference between cat meat. I'm officially scared to eat at your house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails