8.12.2008

I LOVE SLYDIAL

I learned about Slydial last week and my world has never been the same!

Slydial is a free service that connects you directly to someone's mobile voicemail so that you can avoid talking to them without looking like a jerk. Brilliant!

I hate awkward conversations. Whether it be with a family member, friend, stranger, WHOEVER, so this is perfect for me. A-ha! I'm so sneaky.

Here are some sample messages I am certain to be leaving in the near future:

"Hey Alchoholly! It's Cristin. Wow, I'm so sorry that I missed you. I really wanted to talk to you. Oh well, hope you're doing great. Too-ta-loo!"

"Hey, Lady Who Keeps Calling Me to Watch Her Kids at the Last Minute! Wow, I'm so sorry that I missed you. I really wanted to talk to you. I'm available to watch your kids right now, but since you didn't answer, I guess I won't be able to. Darn! Talk to you soon!"

"Hey 'Friend' Who Wants Me to Sell Pampered Chef. Wow, I'm sorry I missed you. I really wanted to talk to you. Looks like we're playing phone tag. Call me! "

"Hey, Erik. I want to buy this new furniture, but you're not picking up! Shoot. I guess I'll just go ahead and buy it. I really wish you would answer your phone so we could talk about it. Love ya!"
The list goes on forever....

I may sound like a jerk to some people, but I know you've been there, praying that someone would not pick up their phone when you call. My prayers have been answered. Thank you, Slydial, you're 'da bomb.

15 comments:

  1. I will definitely use this! Did you know what I used to do? I used to borrow someones phone, block their caller ID while dialing this persons number and just 2 sec after I began calling them from the other phone, I would then begin caling from my phone (forcing it to go straight to VM)- then I would quickly hang up the other phone. I used to do this a lot when I was single and wanted to avoid guys who had asked me out on dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you have found slydial. I am also going to be using this in the future. What a great idea! I can't believe you didn't think of this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't beleive you..I'm going to check it out right now!!
    love the fake phone conversations especially the one about watching kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this could come in handy. "Hey, lady in church who can't talk on the phone less than an hour, that time would work great for visiting teaching. See you then." Now, if only I could figure out how to apply slydial in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant invention to solve all of our awkward messages we have to leave. I know I've been there, going "Please don't pick up, please don't pick up!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless whoever came up with this wonderful invention! Thankyou thankyou thankyou for posting about it! Oh, and is it free or do they charge to use it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I can't wait to use this! I hate awkward phone calls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sure think of everything these days to avoid awkward conversations and REAL communicating...IM, text messaging, email, COMMENTING on BLOGS!, ect! But I do think this is awesome and I will be using it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This...is...amazing. Life-altering. You have changed me. Thank you, Cristin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent point, Vanessa. Pretty soon no one will know HOW to carry on a conversation anymore. We are almost to the point where human contact is AVOIDED at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. It sounds like Kelley is already at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hee, hee...I told my husband about this and he wants to try it. Absolutely hilarious! I love your blog....makes me *excited* to be a mother... right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG my church calling just got so much easier! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for advertising this, Cristin. It's a good idea for people with insomnia, like me, to get things done in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails