8.05.2008

I COULDN'T SAY I WAS SAD

The Friday before we went to Redondo Beach, while in Bakertucky for some doctors appointments, the Noisy Truck broke down. I couldn't say I was sad.

It was actually very exciting. We were on the freeway, chugging along, when suddenly all the electricity went out, and then the car stopped working. We coasted up the off ramp, turned a corner, and parked on the side of the road. We took out our handy little GPS, found a tow company around the block, and they picked us up within 10 minutes. Luke was excited because he was able to ride in an even bigger and louder truck (the tow truck) all the way home.

You'll probably have to enlarge this picture to see my face, but I was really happy that it broke down! I like the utility of the truck, but it is just way too much vehicle for me. All the way up the mountain, I was sitting in the back of the tow truck thinking about how great it will be to not have to drive the Noisy Truck anymore. What a blessing that it broke down! Maybe I could get a Jetta!

Then my dreams were smashed when Erik fixed it that same evening. It now runs fine. Thanks a lot, Erik.

7 comments:

  1. Cristin, you are such a crack up! But hey, I think you're lucky to have a husband that's such a good mechanic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU and your jetta. One day you will get a jetta and you'll be like, "umm, this isn't that great!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't gas really expensive with that tank?

    ReplyDelete
  4. stupid boys and their ability to fix things we don't want fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a closeup of the picture, and all I want to know is what is the tow truck driver doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, my favorite part about this entire post is the fact that the tow truck guy is holding up not 1 but 2 peace signs at the camera. How do I get a tow truck guy that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon, Cristin. You know even if Erik didn't fix the truck, you would still be stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails