7.16.2008

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Despite our landlord's persistent efforts to rent out our home, we've managed to avoid a 30 day notice to move out because they haven't found new renters who will pay their much higher asking price. We decided last month to not search aggressively for a new rental until we received that notice. The strange thing now is that our landlord hasn't cashed our last two rent checks. (I thought they were desperate for money.) I'm considering calling the landlord about it, but I don't want to stir the pot. What should I do?

ADDENDUM TO POST: Does my landlord read my blog? I just checked my account and the checks cleared today. Weird.

6 comments:

  1. Don't stir the pot! I'm glad you're as late as me! I've been painting my hallway, but took a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they bank at Indymac? :-) Hey I would say if you don't care, then just leave them be. If it gets to maybe be three months and none of your checks are being cashed, I would maybe just check to see that they have received them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really weird. I would say something. What if they haven't received them for some reason then your going to look even worse. I think it will show what a responsible and honest tenant you are if you call them. I don't think its really going to stir the pot. They obviously need you because they can't find any one else to rent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would email them, asking why they haven't cashed your checks. So you have something in writing from them. Just in case they are trying to do something funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you're like Milton Waddums and they think they evicted you already? Look around you--do you see a red stapler anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with those who say to send something in writing. If your landlord is shady, he may try to claim you haven't paid. Make a copy of your next rent check too or send it certified or something.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails