6.19.2008

EXTREME HEAT ADVISORY

Since it was 111 degrees today at my parents house in Goodyear, I decided to take the kids out of this extreme heat into the much cooler city of Phoenix to the Arizona Science Center. My sister, Kaci, met me there and we had a really fun time chasing Luke everywhere. Of course, neither of us had a camera, so you'll just have to imagine Luke sliding through a giant colon.

We attended this same exhibit in Santa Barbara last year, except that it was only 1/10 the size of the one at the Arizona Science Center. Luke had a blast and so much more fun than the last time we saw it. There were a lot of hands-on things for toddlers to play with. I definitely recommend this to anyone in the Phoenix area with children. The best part is that children under the age of three are FREE!

Could I feel that one degree difference in Phoenix? Oh totally. To cool off even more, we went to Kaci's house in Mesa afterwards for dinner where it was only 109 degrees! Isn't that weather map of Phoenix the biggest joke? Anything over 100 degrees feels exactly the same to me. I have been in a perpetual state of sweat since I arrived in Arizona. Excuse me while I wipe down the keyboard.

My Dad, on the other hand, likes to play golf in this weather because he gets 90% discounts on expensive courses when he plays during the day. The other day I told him not to go out because there is an "Extreme Heat Advisory" according to the news. My Dad told me, "Oh, Cristin, those extreme heat advisories are only for fat people," and then preceded to tell me a story about a "heavier" fellow who had a heart attack on the golf course from the heat.

Needless to say, this Chubby Bunny will not be playing golf during her stay in Arizona.

9 comments:

  1. Haha That's totally something Dad would say! I wish I was there visiting! Sounds like so much fun! Did you take Charlie with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for fat people, that if funny stuff right there! That is H-O-T, hot. Have fun sweatin' to the oldies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised you didn't next go to Scottsdale... where it was only 108, that's like sweater weather. Dad is sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind a stranger commenting on your blog. I am Megan, Molly Gubler's sister and she told me about your blog. You are hilarious and I love your honesty. I find myself laughing out loud. Thanks for the great reads and I hope you don't mind the blogstalking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm just glad we live in Monterey... and were out of town this week when Monterey was nearing 100°!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cristin- You better put on your down parka and meet us at the park on Tues. You might get a little chilly in the 95+ weather here.
    P.S. Love the thought of Luke sliding through a colon. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. San Fernando Valley has had the same advisory, we just don't have the low home prices!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails