6.11.2008

EAT, SPIT UP, POOP, REPEAT


Charlie. Dear, sweet, Charlie.

Because of you I do a lot of laundry. A LOT OF LAUNDRY.

Is two loads a day normal for a little family of four? It seems excessive to me. I thought the laundry would slow down a little with Luke out of town. I was wrong.

I never thought a little baby could spit up so much.
I never thought I could leak so much milk.
I never thought you could blow out your diaper in so many different ways.

The laundry is so extreme that I will put a burp cloth over the puddle of spit up on my bed and lay down on top of it. I will look at a baby blanket and think, "Hmmm, now which corner is still clean?" while strategically folding the blanket over Charlie's boogers and barf to get a little more use out of it. The cover on the changing pad only has a little spot of poop, so it doesn't need to be washed just yet.

This is getting disgusting.

11 comments:

  1. firstly, adorable picture! secondly, yes... we do that much laundry and more. and i'm pretty sure my baby spit up more, still does spit up a ton but not as much as at first. for the first two or three months i washed whites (burp cloths, onesies, bibs everyday). Brandon laughed when at 7 weeks old on my CA trip I packed every burp cloth we owned. we own a lot!! and i needed them all and had to make sure they all got washed. it's slowed down some, but not much. and we haven't had too many blow out diapers so i feel for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a cute picture! This sounds exactly what I went through with Jonah! I seriously had to change his clothes 3 times a day because he would spit up sooo much! I finally started to put a bib on him all the time. My clothes always smelled like puke. You get so used to it that you don't even care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I please hold him? Spit up, blow outs and all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's GETTING disgusting?? Cristin, it got disgusting a long time ago. Are baby girls cleaner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my name is Jami, I am a friend of Camille's. I stumbled along your blog, while wasting time blog stalking people. I have a 8 month old little girl, and I completely LOVE your blog. It just puts my life into such funny words. My most favorite post was the one of the prego doing push ups. Isn't that bad for your baby? Huh, well I feel you pain, losing the weight is NO fun, and I HATE the people who say "oh, I just breastfeed and it all comes off"...I could breastfeed till the cows come home, and just be more hungery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeez Cristin they all do that!. Baby's are nothing but living orifices where fluid leaks out constantly. I have yet to hear of fluid coming from the ears, but hey, why not? On the bright side he is a very handsome boy. He looks like Eric, but don't tell him I wrote that or you'll never hear the end of it. Love to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya Caitlin- I have never seen a baby projectile spit up until Jonah. I just want to know- is having a baby that blows out diapers constantly avoidable?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF CHARLIE.. He is so CUTE..

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom babysat a baby when I was little. He had a onsie that said "I drink my moo, I do my poo, thats all I do" Sounds like Charlie needs one like that?

    Aaaand. Penny barfs a lot too. We love it. I don't know what your problem is. lol (j/k)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails