4.12.2008

SO... I GUESS THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING

This is the only recent picture I could find of "the belly." Sorry for the weird fat face, hopefully it doesn't scare any young children.

My due date is in 10 days. Time is moving way too quickly. It still doesn't seem real that sometime between now and possibly as late as May 6th (?!) , we are going to be having a new baby. A new, nameless, baby... it's like I know this baby is coming, yet I still keep putting important things off, like packing a "just in case" bag for the hospital, calling the pediatrician to inform them that this is happening, skimming over my Bradley book again, etc. I really need to stop talking about doing these things and just do them. Why do I procrastinate so much? (In other words, why am I so lazy?)

I will tell you why I am lazy:

I am very large. The baby has dropped. When I do any sort of physical activity for more than 5 minutes, I start having Braxton Hicks contractions which make me stop what I am doing. I dread going out into public because none of my clothes fit and my belly hangs out the bottom. (Why should I buy more maternity clothes when I am in the home stretch?) Even right now as I type this, I am wearing one of Erik's shirts, and my belly is STILL hanging out the bottom.

I don't remember being this tired when I was at the end of my pregnancy with Luke and I think that was because I was able to take advantage of the state imposed maternity leave, four weeks before my due date (thank you, California), and hibernate for a month. I watched a lot of Baby Story and ate ice cream all day. Unfortunately, there is no state imposed maternity leave from being a mother of a screaming toddler. All I can say is kudos to those women who have lots of babies.

More evidence - here is the Aquadoula in the corner of my bedroom, along with a box of other stuff I might need when I am in labor (towels, sheets, etc.). We've pushed our bed to the side to make room for it. (Yup, it's official, I'm a weirdo, but I can't tell you how excited I am to be in that tub during labor. My biggest fear is that I won't have time to fill it up.)


One last clue that this is really happening - a baby shower! I felt kind of weird when some of my friends told me they wanted to throw me a shower. I hadn't expected to have one because this a second child, another boy, and close in age to Luke, so I've been buying little things here and there during this entire pregnancy. I was also worried no one would come. (Silly me, huh?) Well, it was actually lots of fun! I am so grateful for the 1500 wipes and 4 months supply of diapers I received, in addition to other little things I hadn't thought about, but now seem perfectly necessary.... like matching outfits for my two boys - who would have thought of this? Not me!

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are so close to having the baby. Let me know when you want me to come out and help...I am happy that you got lots of diapers and wipes from the baby shower, I know that is what you really wanted...
    I can't wait to go swimming in your new pool when I come and visit....j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look really tan... have you been laying out in your bikini again? Or- you've been using your "swimming pool" haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Caitlin)Ooh ya! That's a good idea kelley! After the baby comes Luke and his little brother can use the Aqua Doula as a pool! That's so nice that everyone gave you a baby shower! I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet baby x!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd take your "fat face" if I could have your skinny arms. Good luck with everything. Two kids. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great and happy. Hope you had a nice shower - diapers the second time around are the best gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking you need a plan B for when you start splashin' around in all that water...and a plan AB to figure out how you'll get out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that Luke and Baby X will have matching outfits...you and Erik could find some in similar colors and be the matchy matchy family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya on the procrastination. I have had no energy this pregnancy, so if I made the bed that day, I count that as a success. My due date is in 3 days and I can't tell you how ready I am to get this baby out. I think you look really great seeing how far along you are! My stomach is absolutely huge and itches like a mother because it is stretched to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cristin our prayers are with you Love Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...so close! I think a lot of us are procrastinators....I still really need to switch Sarah to a big bed so I can use the crib. Have I done this yet....no....will I do this before the baby comes....maybe. By the way baby showers are more fun the second or third time around I swear cause you actually have a lot of friends who are moms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another little one, Cristin. How are things in Cali? Darwin and I started a blog, http://kiarwin.blogspot.com/, and we're trying to keep up with it, but it would be great to keep in touch with you! It seems like forever ago that we were both working at good ole Fillmore Spencer :). Anyway, keep in touch. I hope the delivery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...at least you know you're a weirdo and you're not judging people who don't follow your lead. So, thanks for being a good example of a normal person who is choosing an alternative, rather than an alternative person who just does what alternative people do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails